» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: International Jet Ski / PWC News

Woman Killed in Jet Ski Collision

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/2014/...arion/9344079/

Clarendon County, SC (WLTX) - A woman has died following a jet ski accident on Lake Marion.

The Clarendon County Coroner's Office says 19-year-old Millicent McDonald passed away from her injuries at a Columbia hospital late Tuesday afternoon.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources says McDonald and a man were riding on jet skis near Taw Caw landing Monday afternoon. As they were riding on the watercraft, McDonald drove in front of the man, and he ran into her.

The man was able to get her back to shore, and paramedics then airlifted her to the hospital.

DNR officials continue to investigate the collision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Kurt Braunohler Wants to Jet Ski From Chicago to New Orleans to “Get Wet for Goats” and Fight Hunger

Comedian Kurt Braunohler wants to help fight hunger, and he’s doing it the only way he knows how — public absurdity. In a new Comedy Central webseries, Braunohler will attempt to jet ski from Chicago to New Orleans to sent 500 goats and 1,000 chicken to hungry families in Africa. Check out his video.

The show premieres in July, but the Indiegogo campaign to raise the $50,000 necessary to reach the goal is already live and taking contributions.

Oh, and if you’re worried you won’t be able to find a GIF of that goat saying “GET WET FOR ME!” we’ve got your back:
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 06-05-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

Dolphin befriends man on jet ski

A lot of people dream of swimming with dolphins, and while that does look quite magical, imagine a wild one joining in with you as you jet ski around open water?

According to the videographers at Chough productions, that's exactly what happened when they were in Falmouth Bay in Cornwall, and the dolphin followed the jet skier 'for over ten minutes' and 'Every time I stopped he would pop up beside me and wait for me to start again. I am driving a jet ski which has no moving external parts like a propeller so the Dolphin was safe from harm. For the record, I do not chase dolphins, this one just wanted some one to play with.'

Emirati woman dies in another jet ski crash on Al Mamzar Lake

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/touris...al-mamzar-lake

An Emirati woman has died following a collision between two jet skis on Al Mamzar Lake in Sharjah.

The incident took place at about 6pm on Monday and rescue units went to the scene, reported Al Ittihad, The National’s Arabic sister paper.

She was taken to Al Qassimi hospital but the woman, believed to be in her thirties, died later from her injuries.

This is the fourth death on Al Mamzar over the past few months.

Recently a woman from the Arabian Gulf region died in another collision between two jet skis.

In a separate incident, a young British national and a German national died when two jet skis crashed into each other.

Sharjah Police have urged users of these personal water craft not to indulge in reckless races that may lead to injuries and the loss of lives.

Juneau Jet Ski riders practice personal watercraft safety at Auke Lake

http://www.ktoo.org/2014/06/02/junea...ety-auke-lake/

A familiar summer sound returned to Auke Lake this weekend as a group of Jet Ski riders took to the water.

The outing wasn’t just for fun. The handful of riders were there to learn about personal watercraft safety.

The training is part of Juneau’s plan to prevent accidents like the one in 2012 when high school student Savannah Cayce was severely injured while being pulled on an inner tube by a Jet Ski on Auke Lake. Two days later, she died of her injuries.

The Juneau Assembly later rejected a proposal to ban motorized watercraft on the lake, opting instead to improve signage and water markers, and provide educational opportunities.

That’s where Shawn Alladio comes in. Alladio founded the boating safety education company K38 Water Safety. She works with boater education groups worldwide to teach safe practices.

“I think the personal watercraft community needs to take responsibility for their behavior and make sure that they’re accountable in their preparation, in their boat operation and in the safety of their passengers. They really need to take that seriously.”

Alladio says banning watercraft doesn’t solve the problem, it just causes users to move to new areas and continue bad habits. She says boater education helps save lives.

“I think that any time you have a problem the best thing is to approach it with solutions rather than ignore it or create a ban. I don’t care what the activity is,” Alladio says. “Because if a community bans a product or an activity, those users are not going to stop engaging an activity that they’ve invested money and time into. They’re going to migrate to other areas. And if those problems are not addressed, those problems from those behaviors of those enthusiasts will migrate to other areas. So it’s not really a solution to create a ban. The solution is to create reasonable and capable solutions that can be integrated into the waterway use.”

After a day in the classroom going over rules and regulations, Alladio spent Sunday on the lake with the riders demonstrating good techniques.

Juneau resident Noreen Folkerts has been riding jet skis for years, mostly on the ocean. She and her husband Mike both work for the Coast Guard and joined in the training session.

“These small boats are so easy just to jump on and hit the gas. They give you a thrill. It’s a thrill to ride them and it’s a thrill to ride them fast,” Folkerts says. “And it’s not necessarily the boat that’s the issue, it’s the people that get behind the steering and the attitude of those people. So if we push the safety part of it, it’s just going to be a safer activity for everybody.”

The workshop was a partnership between the Juneau Department of Parks and Recreation, the Coast Guard and the American Watercraft Association.

Parks and Recreation Director Brent Fischer says the department will gather data throughout the summer on lake use. A report is due to the Juneau Assembly this fall when members will again discuss the management plan.

Man dies from heart attack in Jet Ski incident

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...dent/10103671/

A Dagsboro man died of an apparent heart attack Friday after trying to free his personal watercraft from a sandbar in Indian River Inlet, state officials said.

Randolph White, 55, was riding with his wife when their watercraft ran aground on a sandbar about noon, said Senior Cpl. Carl Winckoski of the Division of Fish and Wildlife Enforcement.

They freed the watercraft, but it got stuck again after they got on, Winckoski said.

Aftter he and his wife tried to push it off the sandbar again, White “got chest pains, sat down in the water and collapsed.

“His wife, who is a nurse, started CPR,” he said.

White was carried to shore by Bethany Beach Fire Company’s rescue jet ski and taken by ambulance to Beebe Medical Center in Lewes, Winckoski said.

He was pronounced dead about 1 p.m., he said.

Agents from the fish and wildlife division, which is part of the state Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, responded to the report of the jet ski mishap, he said.

Man injured after personal watercraft crashes into bridge, saved by quick thinking passerby

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...tercraft_.html

CLEARWATER --
    Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies were called out to a personal watercraft accident on Saturday afternoon.

According to deputies, a man riding a personal watercraft crashed into the Courtney Campbell Causeway.

Deputies said the man was trying to go southbound under the bridge and hit a center piling.

The impact knocked him unconscious, but a passerby, Bob Woster, pulled him from the water and performed CPR.

"We weren't even gonna go boating today," said Woster. "We were gonna wait until tomorrow, but we decided to go out for just a little quick drop, and apparently the Lord put us here."

The man was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa. Deputies said he is expected to be OK.

Man burned while emptying gas from personal watercraft in Smithsburg

http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/...16efa1506.html

SMITHSBURG — A man was taken to Meritus Medical Center on Sunday afternoon with second-degree burns to his face after a small explosion in the Smithsburg area, according to James Ulrich, chief of operations for Smithsburg EMS.

Ulrich said the man was removing gasoline from a personal watercraft next to a house when the small explosion occurred.

The state fire marshal's office will investigate what triggered the gasoline fumes to ignite, Ulrich said.

Fire and rescue units were called to Chips Court to treat a burn patient after an incident that was reported at 2:28 p.m. Sunday, a Washington County 911 supervisor said.

The man's injuries were not life-threatening, Ulrich said.

Chips Court is off Schaller Lane, which is off Maple Avenue, according to Google Maps.

45-Year-Old Woman Dies After Jet Ski Accident

http://www.wjbf.com/story/25723163/4...t-ski-accident

McCormick County, SC - What seemed like the picture perfect morning for a day on the lake quickly turned deadly for a group of friends.

Lisa Gepfert was riding a WaveRunner on Lake Thurmond when she lost control of the vehicle.

"We heard somebody yelling, I think she's dead, I think she's dead, so we knew something bad had happened, and we started seeing some emergency vehicles showing up," said witness Bobby Wright.

Wright was on the dock across the cove from where she crashed.

"We saw a jet ski coming in, and didn't think anything about it, and then soon after we heard a bunch of loud voices, sounded like some people in distress, not a person that was in distress, but some people that had seen somebody in distress, said Wright.

A friend of the victim said he found Gepfert face down in the water, and then called for help.

After recovering her body, police learned she had suffered blunt force trauma to the chest after hitting a tree on the bank.

"A lot of people up here, you see a lot of boats and jet skis, a lot of people having a good time, and unfortunately it sounds like this lady lost control or did something that led to her death," said Wright.

Authorities are not sure if alcohol played in a role in the woman's death, and are still investigating the crash.

**Updated at 6:14PM on June 8th, 2014**

A 45-year-old woman is dead after a jet ski accident in McCormick County, South Carolina. The McCormick County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened in the water near Beauregard Drive.

The McCormick County Coroner tells News Channel 6 that Lisa Gepfert of McCormick County died from blunt force trauma to the chest after running into a tree while jet skiing on Lake Thurmond.

Man’s Foot Severed During Jetski Incident On Percy Priest Lake

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25...cy-priest-lake

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A man’s foot was severed Saturday, during an incident involving a jetski on Percy Priest Lake.

The incident was reported around 3 p.m. near Elm Hill Marina, just off of Bell Road.

Two men in their mid-20s were apparently out on the water riding a jetski and an inner tube. Neither of their identities was known.

The waterski rope somehow managed to wrap around one of the men’s feet. When the jetski accelerated, the rope severed the foot of the man riding in the tube.

He was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he was expected to make a full recovery. Divers attempted to recovery the severed foot but were not able to find it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information