Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: International Jet Ski / PWC News

N.J. man dies in North Carolina jet ski fall

Print Email Jeff Goldman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Jeff Goldman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on July 01, 2015 at 9:40 AM, updated July 01, 2015 at 2:32 PM

A 49-year-old New Jersey man vacationing on North Carolina's Bogue Banks died after falling off a jet ski on Tuesday, authorities said.

Vincent Kearns of Milford was riding in Bogue Inlet with his brother-in-law and another person when he plunged into the water around 11:15 a.m., according to an official.

Despite his brother-in-law's efforts to help, Kearns wasn't able to climb back aboard the personal watercraft, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission spokesman Geoff Cantrell said.

The Coast Guard performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on Kearns as they brought him ashore on Emerald Isle, where emergency workers took him to Carteret General Hospital, Cantrell said.

The cause of death hasn't been determined yet, Cantrell said, adding that the investigation is continuing.

Kearns was wearing a life jacket, according to JDOnline.com. Waves in the inlet ranged from two-to-four feet on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Charges follow personal watercraft crash on Minnesota lake

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — The driver of a personal watercraft involved in an accident on a Blue Earth County lake is accused of fleeing after the crash that left a girl severely injured.

Authorities say the 16-year-old girl and another female were on an inner tube and were being pulled by the watercraft when it slammed into a dock on Loon Lake near Lake Crystal last Friday. The 16-year-old hit the dock, while the other female flew over it.

Sheriff's officials say the girl was in critical condition after the crash, but is improving.

Twenty-three-year-old Lance Jones of Amboy and another man left the scene in an SUV after the crash. Authorities say Jones punched a police dog in the head when he was found hiding in a wooded area. Jones says he pulled the injured girl from the water and called 911.
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

Family injured in hit-and-run boat crash

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A family’s weekend on the lake ended abruptly with injuries and thousands of dollars in damage to their boat. The person who caused the collision took off, leaving the victims with no information.

“It was pretty traumatizing, the whole boat went on top of me because I was in the water. My husband and my daughter both got flown across the boat, both cut by glass, it was pretty scary,” said Ali Luedeman, whose family boat was destroyed last weekend.

Leudeman and her family were wake-surfing near City Park, also known as Emma Long Park, on Lake Austin. Luedeman said she was in the water and her husband and 3-year-old daughter were on the boat when two people on a yellow and black jet ski T-boned the side of their 2014 Tige RZR.

“They hit the boat, the girl hit the windshield flew off into the water,” said Luedeman. “The windshield shattered, glass everywhere and well all got cut.”

Police said the man driving the jet ski picked up the woman who was thrown about 20 feet and then took off toward the 360 Bridge.

“Out here that’s actually the first time I’ve seen a collision in that type of aspect,” said Daryl Burrell, a senior officer with the Austin Police Department. “I mean that was a main t-bone, especially with a personal watercraft being a small boat like it is and the damage that occurred on that 20 foot Tige. I’m shocked and my concern is with that young lady or that guy, what kind of injuries did they sustain, are they OK?”

Police said they do not have much information and didn’t really get a description.

“That was the last thing we were thinking about is somebody hits you and then run. We were like, ‘Hey where are you going?’ and they just took off,” said Luedeman.

“It was one of those things, they could have pulled into any dock. There are so many places for somebody to hide on a jet ski,” said Burrell, who hopes the people involved in the crash will turn themselves in. “Accidents happen all the the time, just do what’s right.”

According to Progressive Insurance they see more boat claims during the Fourth of July weekend than any other three-day period in the year.

Luedeman said she was concerned for her family and the woman who hit the windshield, but is upset they took off.

“Depressing. I worked really hard to buy this boat and now it’s gone,” said Luedeman, who is now waiting to hear from the insurance company to see if their 8-month-old, $80,000 boat, is totaled.

Burrell said there is a personal watercraft ban starting Thursday at sundown until Monday morning on Lake Austin. That includes wet bikes, motorized surfboards and similar devices. Kayaks, canoes and paddleboards are allowed. If a person is caught using a personal watercraft, they could face a ticket.

hey guys haven't posted in a while I left vegas early 2013 due to the lack of work and im now in Houston tx.
    this 4th was a bad one for a few friends down here. I broke out the 96 seadoo xp800s and my superjet on
    sunday the 5th we were at the san jacinto river and having a blast. late in the day a few friends showed up and
    took the skis out for a spin' one rider was experienced and the other had limited experience we all took off and had been riding for at least an hour we came back to shore and cooled down as it was hot and went back out I was headed north on the river when my buddy came by me pretty fast on the xp he was at least 40 feet to my right then the other guy on my other xp about 2-3 seconds later comes flying by everyone has a smile from ear to ear. well xp rider 1 is approaching a known sandbar followed by a bridge so has to turn left and when he does xp rider 2 t bones em I was just turning left myself when it happened so I did not see it but I heard the sound of the skis hitting each other and I turn to look and I see xp rider1 and 2 laying in water and xp 2 is upside down floating I jam over on my superjet and I see xp rider1 arm is 45ed
    between shoulder and elbow and rider 2 is swimming over. so we float him to shore and fire dept sheriff police fish and game all show up and he is hauled off to hospital with broken arm and 5 broken ribs. skis hit so hard it put a hole in the hull and all gages blew out of hood bent handlebars ect ect. this guy was fresh out of a cast from hitting a deer at 80 on his Harley. thankfully he will be ok. no drugs or alcohol were involved and xp rider2 was cited for being within 50 feet
    it is easy to forget how fast these jetskis will go and how slow they will react in a panic situation.
    I have only ridden the couches a few times for a few min in the last few years I am sticking to my superjet
    and staying away from the yahoos.
    be careful guys

Charlie~~

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Vegas, Thankfully nobody was severely injured or killed...

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plent...ectid=11483434

Kylie Laker has been reunited with her stolen jetski. She is pictured with Constable Tim Bonner. Photo / Andrew Warner

By Sonya Bateson

Record-holding Papamoa fisherwoman Kylie Laker has been reunited with her jetski after it was stolen from her home on Wednesday.

The jetski, only a week old, was on its trailer parked at her property and was grabbed while she was picking her son up from daycare.

A white stationwagon was seen towing the stolen jetski and trailer along Doncaster Drive towards Domain Rd about 4.30pm.

Miss Laker's jetski is an important part of her life. She was the first woman in the world to catch a marlin on a jetski and goes out on the ski at least once a week to fish.

Her business, ReelChixFish, is about inspiring women to enter the fishing world and providing support for women already passionate about fishing.

She also designs and manufactures her own range of women's fishing clothing.

When she realised her jetski had been taken, Miss Laker said her heart sank.

"I'm quite heavily involved in the fishing industry and I've got a lot of sponsors," she said.

"The ski means everything to me with me being out on the water and being able to fish."

Miss Laker was picking her son up from a daycare centre on Doncaster Drive when the theft happened.

It is likely she was buckling her child into the car seat at the time of the theft, otherwise she would have seen her jetski drive past on the same street.

A neighbour had security cameras that captured an image of a vehicle towing the jetski and trailer down the road - captured a mere four minutes before Miss Laker rang the police.

"I had just finished work . . . I got home and realised the ski was missing when I pulled in the driveway.

"I said to my partner 'have you put the ski away for me?' and he said no. I went straight on the phone and rang the police.

"I was on the corner of Doncaster picking up my boy from daycare. If I had looked up, I probably would have seen it drive by."

A Facebook post about the theft was shared hundreds of times and was seen by more than 50,000 people.

Constable Tim Bonner of the Papamoa Police tactical crime unit said the jetski had been recovered in the early hours of yesterday thanks to a combination of police work and help from members of the public.

Mr Bonner said inquiries about the theft were ongoing and police were still looking for other people involved.

Miss Laker said she was "pretty happy" when she found out the jetski had been found and was pleased it was in perfect condition - with just a light coating of dust from police fingerprinting to mark its disappearance.

The jetski will now be placed under lock and key at all times.

A 29-year-old man has been charged with receiving stolen property and will appear in Tauranga District Court next week.

•Police want to speak to anybody who may have seen this vehicle or have any information regarding the theft of the jetski on Wednesday. Contact Constable Tim Bonner at Papamoa Police Station on 075722440 or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
    Last edited by PrickofMisery; 07-21-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread Information