» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

International Jet Ski / PWC News

Las Vegas man killed in hit-and-run Jet Ski collision in Jamaica

Jamaica Tightens up Rules for Personal Watercraft

KINGSTON, Jamaica February 19, 2014

Jamaica is tightening up rules for personal watercraft in the wake of a U.S. vacationer's death.

Tourism Minister Wykeham McNeill announced Tuesday that all personal watercraft activities have been temporarily suspended while efforts are made to register the machines and beef up enforcement by marine police.
    He says a ban on importing new personal watercraft has been extended until October. Fines have also been increased from $200 to $500 for violations of rules such as riding close to shore.
    Last month, a Las Vegas man died after being struck in the head by a watercraft off Negril's swimming beach. The operator sped off as beachgoers jumped into the water to pull the man to shore. The U.S. is the Caribbean island's largest source of tourists.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...craft-22573288
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Millah's Avatar

Re: International Jet Ski / PWC News

no 5mph zone for swimmers?

DJSAracing.com

B1 blaster 701
    750 X2

That sucks that someone got killed....not a good perception of PWC's
    2017 Kawasaki SXR 1500
    2013 Yamaha Super Jet-HighSpeed Industries Limited
    2011 Kawasaki SXR 800

I get a lot of international Jet Ski / PWC news, and there is a lot of mayhem going on in other countries on Jet Skis. But even locally it is happening also. Yesterday the guy that hit and killed Usher's stepson with a jet ski was convicted of homicide, that was in Georgia.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...icide-jet-ski/
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

I get a lot of international Jet Ski / PWC news, and there is a lot of mayhem going on in other countries on Jet Skis. But even locally it is happening also. Yesterday the guy that hit and killed Usher's stepson with a jet ski was convicted of homicide, that was in Georgia.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...icide-jet-ski/

wtf dbl vision

Jamaica temporarily bans use of personal watercraft
    Jamaica has temporarily banned the use of all personal watercraft such as Jet Ski, WaveRunner and Sea-Doo scooters while it implements new regulations for the use of the vehicles.

Jamaica is requiring the registration of all personal watercraft and has extended a ban on importing them through Oct. 15. An initial six-month ban on importing personal watercraft for commercial purposes took effect Oct. 15, 2013.

Jamaica has taken these steps following the January death of an American tourist who was struck by a personal watercraft while swimming in the sea off the beach in Negril. There were other accidents involving personal watercraft in 2013.

Upon registration, operators will be issued with registration certificates and decals. The decals will be provided in two color codes to distinguish between private and commercial crafts.

The ban on operating personal watercraft will be lifted in a specific resort area when it is determined that operators in the area are compliant with the new regulations, according to the Jamaican government.
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 03-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Stakeholders call for enforcement of jet ski ban

Stakeholders in Negril have expressed satisfaction with the recent announcement by Minister of Tourism Wykeham McNeill of steps to regularise jet ski operations across the island. They have, however, again warned that without the accompanying enforcement officers, efforts could be futile.

McNeill's move came just over a week after members of the Negril Resort Board blasted his ministry for inaction in curtailing illegal jet ski operations, following three jet ski accidents, two of them fatal, in Negril and Ocho Rios. The most recent of the three was the death of an American visitor who was vacationing with his wife at the Travellers Resort in Negril just over three weeks ago.

"They are moving in the right direction," operator of the Charela Inn Hotel, Daniel Grizzle, told Western Focus. "Once that is being done, what he (McNeill) has to ensure is that preparation is being done so it can be enforced when people violate. Are we going to have Marine Police available to enforce these rules and regulations? Because if we don't have people to enforce, it really means nothing because we had rules and regulations before, but they weren't enforced.

"It is nice to hear all that, but we really have to find out how we are gonna enforce it. And once we are assured that the enforcement will be there, then fine. But right now, it's a question of 'let's wait and see what happens'. Because with the best of intentions and no enforcement, we will be right back to square one, waiting for another fatal accident," he reiterated.

Two weeks ago, McNeill announced in Parliament that effective immediately, there would be a ban on the importation of all jet skis for a further six months, up to October 15, 2014; a temporary suspension of jet ski operations, and a lifting of the moratorium on licensing new commercial operators "in order to allow for the regularisation of the commercial operations". He also said the Maritime Authority of Jamaica would take steps to register all jet skis and that registered operators would be issued with registration certificates and colour-coded decals.

Task force

McNeill promised that drafting instructions would be issued to the Chief Parliamentary Council for the amendment of The Tourist Board Act to allow fines for breaches to be increased from $20,000 to $500,000. He also said Water Sports Regulations would be amended to give "the Crown the power to dispose of water sports vessels seized" and to prohibit persons under 17 years from operating commercial jet skis without an accompanying adult, and that a task force would be formed from "relevant ministries and their agencies to effect the changes".

"The impact of these (jet ski) incidents has been far-reaching and has triggered negative public commentary both locally and internationally, particularly from Jamaica's largest source market in the United States of America," McNeill said.

Vice-chairman of the Hanover Parish Development Committee, Leonard Sharpe, said the success of the new measures would be solely dependent on the effectiveness of the marine police in Negril.

"The only way those laws will be effective is if we have Marine Police trained and stationed in the Negril area because even if you put the laws in place, people are still going to break them. Not everybody will conform if you don't have adequate numbers of Marine Police there to patrol the waters," Sharpe said.

He added: "I am satisfied with the minister's statements, yes, but he needs to come and have dialogue with the people, and the man who is responsible for the Maritime Authority, needs to come as well because the minister just stay in a Parliament and jus say him a go put some laws together and ban it fi six months. So what happen to the livelihoods of the people? They have children to go to school, and that is the only means of support they have."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../western3.html

Jack I can only decipher a bit of that but was Kevin killed during an event?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JHR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Jack I can only decipher a bit of that but was Kevin killed during an event?
    july 2012 ( belgium championship )
    Kevin passed away after loosing control of his jetski
    Situation still uncleared on what happend
    Rumours off records
    Somes says it got hit on the head by his own ski
    Other says got his by his brother
    august 2001( European championship)
    the father of a young pilot , go try the jetski to make final adjustments .
    no helmets , no life jackets
    did not see the dam signs ,
    the body past over the dam , safety people could'nt find the body after 3 hours of seaching
    only the jetki was find directly
    body was found 3 days leter after the level of the water dropped

sorry for my english ,

Jack

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information