Re: The 650sx Brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVhH2DYyMOw
    its hopefully finished,
    or at least mechanically. I hope so. going to try to test it tomorrow

4 years between start and finish

PWCToday Guru

IMG_6898.JPG

Maiden voyage for the 750sp swapped 650sx, running a mariner 3 piece large chamber and dual 40's. Ripped crazy good til I found a small exhaust leak in the headpipe. Getting it all fixed up and gonna try again next week!
    1989 650sx - 750 SP swap, Mariner large chamber pipe / intake grate / rideplate / 4 deg JetWorks bars, finger throttle, custom paint, dual SBN38

1992 750SX - AC alum pole, factory wet pipe, BCW intake, Ocean Pro rp, westcoast scoop, (soon) westcoast intake w. dual SBN44

PWCToday Newbie

New 650 brother here. Been riding my ski for the last three seasons and love it. Please check out my post in the newbie section. A little tedious but I can post pictures of my motor work in a week or so when I tear it down to put in a new crank if anyone in interested.

I would really like to get some information concerning boring the pump housing to 144 mms. Where would be the best place to post a question on boring the housing.

PWCToday Newbie

post_image4(1).jpgpost_image2(1).jpg My 87 650sx . Bought it new at the dealer . went to work on it got lot of goodies .west coast pipe intake . ocean pro head reeds and lot more. I have 8 skis . But she's my baby cause she was my 1st.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Big bud; 11-10-2017 at 07:54 AM.

So i have an issue thats got me stumped.

Been testing my 650 after the build. Very stable and happy with the hulls performance.

However can't get the motor to rev out.
    Carb has been swapped for a sbn44

Jetting is 110 and 140. Bogs down. Then comes good at about 1/4 throttle. Just sits there and wont rev higher. Tried adjusting the low speed from 1/2 turn to 2 turns in range. Seems to be best at 1 turn. But thats where it was when i started.

The high speeds been between 1/2 and one turn. No noticeable difference so assume its not getting anywhere near it kicking in.

Just can't get it to make any improvements. Any chance its an airleak in the crankcase? Had an issue with the thread on one of the crankcase drain block-off plate bolts.

Otherwise its 2 weeks before a ski mechanic can tune it for me

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

What's your pop off?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

what he said ? wheres it at ^^^^^. where's your timing at IE: when you put the stator plate on the motor, ???? do you have a nice blue spark,,?? are the plugs new , even so, stick some old used ones in, you could have only 1 cylinder firing ,chop the plug leads back a little till you get clean wire >post compression test #s .
    2 x 650 sx custom build (my toys) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

stock looking ZXI 900 ""being cannibalized to sponsor a 650 sx build """

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

I run a 115 low, 145 high, 2.3 needle and seat with 21 psi pop off. See ski specs in my signature.

Like it was mentioned above, check the pop off. If it's too low, it will be rich on the bottom and bog, and the fouled plugs will kill the top.

Too much water in the exhaust can also cause your problem.
    Last edited by sportsfreak29; 11-16-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    If you're not crashing, then you're not trying!!!

'84 js550/650 Hull, Tubbies, Footholds, 650sx Motor & Pump, 1.75 over 663cc's, OP Comp Head 190psi, 44SBN, Vortex FA, WC Intake, Boyesen Reeds w/ Stuffers, Factory B Pipe, Factory Waterbox, 650 Side Exhaust, Dual Cooling, Billet Couplers, Jet Works FCV, OP 650sx Ride Plate, PJS Top Loader, Skat 9-17, -2" AM Pole, MSD total loss. 54mph.

Special thanks to Chris Newmiller, and Mitchell at M&M Marine!

PWCToday Regular 92Kawasaki750SS's Avatar

Is anyone running the Pro watercraft Racing mid or rear sponsons on there 650sx? Any photos? And if so, how do you like them?

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread Information