Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

helpful hint at avoiding bad fuel with recall

I had Honda House in Richmond, VA do the gas tank recall this past week. I was told to run the ski out of gas - or close to out, as best I could, because the dealer was getting ski's with full tanks and they did not have a way to dispose of the fuel. So, I turned my ski in with approximately 1 gallon of treated premium fuel in the tank, but it is returned with about 5 gallons of crap gas. It smelled stale, and when I siphoned it out, it was dark yellow. I presume this was the gas from the ski that followed mine in the work line. With the mods I have, I need 93 octane, and I certainly didn't want someone else's old fuel in the tank for the winter. So, I got it out and will fill it with ethanol free premium before running it a bit and re-winterizing. The take away it to tell your mechanic to only put in minimum fresh fuel following the tank install (for the test start). Hope this helps you all avoid my stale gas dilemma.
    Best,
    Chris
    2017 Yamaha GP 1800 (Riva stage one re-flash and intake, Candoo Pro GPS)
    2007 Honda F-12X GPScape w/ MACSBoost Plug-in Module and Intercooler
    2013 Cobalt 232 w/ 350 Mag and Bravo 3

Re: Honda recall????

Quote Originally Posted by skidoc View Post
    DogDaze Yes We do the Fuel Tank Replacement under warranty. Call anytime. Located in tampa

jonUF02 As in your issue with the pump we have already warrantied three of your pumps (no questions no hassle) and the last one we sent to Dave @ Impros to have inspected and the impeller repaired at no cost to you. I'm sorry you keep having issues with your pump.
    But We did rebuild around 100 pumps this year with no problems at all. Please don't assume we did not do our best to fix your issue. We want your business and to keep you satisfied but this seems not to be a quality of workmanship or defective parts problem.

We have thousands of Customers, Clint's, and Friends around the World that will vouch that we provide the best customer service and workmanship.
    Will be giving you a call soon about my 2 R-12Xs.

PWCToday Regular

Anyone have a positive experience in norcal? Willing to drive a few hours to let someone I trust work on my honda.

Any recommendation of a legit dealer for this recal would be greatly appreciated. I am a mechanic and would love to do this myself, but we know they won't let that happen. So I am extremely anal about who touches my ski. Especially since I ride in the pacific ocean and can't afford to break down due to some hack mechanics mistake.

PWCToday Regular

Made an appointment through Roseville honda powersports. Talked to the guy there and he seemed the most competent. They have done tons of them, they can't take me till feb, which is a good feeling knowing they are doing them regularly. It is a 1 day turn around.

So if anyone in norcal is looking a place I would say these guys are ok. Will let you all know how it goes after the recall is completed. I have an f12x and also r12x.

PWCToday Guru

Wow! Honda of Virginia Beach is TOTALLY screwing us with these recalls. I have been trying to get on since August. I was told that I am on 'the list'. They told me that my position on the list (Mid-30s), they will get to me around the beginning of November. I called the beginning of November and they say that they are still working through "the list". Well, I just called today, and a more honest employee answered and told me that they are still a good ways out, because I am still at my same number, mid-30s, and they are only at number 6 on the list!!!. They have ONLY done 6 jetskis this entire time? The rep says that they have been busy with ATVs with hunting season around, and they have only done the jetskis that were in the yard.

Honda of Virginia Beach is the only one around this area, and if they have only done 6, that means that they do less than 1 a month.

PWCToday Newbie

I made an appointment in September to have my two F-12Xs done. They called me in last week and kept the boats for about a week. I had them install new Solas impellers and they did the 100-hour service as well. I'm pretty pleased. Temecula Motorsports in Murrieta, California.

Pat in Menifee, CA
    2009 Mandalay 43A Diesel Pusher
    2011 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD Access Cab.
    '13 Honda GL1800A + Uni-Go Trailer
    '03 Honda 400Exs (2)
    '05 Honda F12-Xs (2)
    '16 Yamaha YXZ100R

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Professorman View Post
    Wow! Honda of Virginia Beach is TOTALLY screwing us with these recalls. I have been trying to get on since August. I was told that I am on 'the list'. They told me that my position on the list (Mid-30s), they will get to me around the beginning of November. I called the beginning of November and they say that they are still working through "the list". Well, I just called today, and a more honest employee answered and told me that they are still a good ways out, because I am still at my same number, mid-30s, and they are only at number 6 on the list!!!. They have ONLY done 6 jetskis this entire time? The rep says that they have been busy with ATVs with hunting season around, and they have only done the jetskis that were in the yard.

Honda of Virginia Beach is the only one around this area, and if they have only done 6, that means that they do less than 1 a month.
    I went ahead and made an appointment at a dealership in North Carolina, which is 1 1/2 hrs away. They gave me a date in early January.
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12 - LOVING fuel injection 4 stroke, no more carbs!!

85' Kawaskai JS550 - PRISTINE condition
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000

96 SeaDoo XP - Sadly missed after my family outgrew its size (2007 -- sold 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by thethrillofspeed View Post
    I have and R12X and an F12 that have been recalled, but I'm not too enthusiastic about having my flawless skis taken apart. It sure does smell like gas in both hulls, but I don't see any gas. I also have an 2002 Honda Interceptor, that was recalled and I was slow to bring it in. A few years later and Honda refused to pay for the warranty work on my Interceptor, so I don't thing we have too long to get the tanks replaced.

When is the cut off date? Didn't see that on the recall notice.

My skis have had a gas smell in the hull since new (granted they were leftover 07's in Jan 2010). I don't think it's a crack in the tank, I think it's the lines and pressure from the expanding/contracting with temp change. Never used cleaners on the tank so I don't think I'm going to bother. Plus, even if you had a massive split in the tank, you have to have a 2nd failure to cause an open spark for a kaboom, right? I just feel like kaboom and/or failure is greater after having the thing completely disassemble and reassembled.
    2009 Honda Aquatrax F15
    1989 Wetbike

Past PWC:

3 x Wetbikes (1987, 1988, 1989), 1990 Jetstar, 2 x 2007 Honda Aquatrax F12 (1 red, 1 blue), 1992 Yamaha Superjet 650sx, 1997 Sea-Doo XP, 1997 Sea-Doo GTX, 2004 Sea-Doo 3D

PWCToday Regular

quote from previous post...
    "Plus, even if you had a massive split in the tank, you have to have a 2nd failure to cause an open spark for a kaboom, right? "

As for the spark, it's an internal combustion engine... wouldn't want to bet my balls on it. I too doubted I would have tank issues, but did it because I bet it will be very difficult to sell one in a few years w/o the recall work done. Best to find a dealer that is doing a lot of warranty work.
    Chris
    Last edited by twoburgers; 11-26-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    2017 Yamaha GP 1800 (Riva stage one re-flash and intake, Candoo Pro GPS)
    2007 Honda F-12X GPScape w/ MACSBoost Plug-in Module and Intercooler
    2013 Cobalt 232 w/ 350 Mag and Bravo 3

PWCToday Newbie

I was going to wait until January but unfortunately it threw a code. Brought it in and of course they would not release it until they replaced the gas tank. Two sensors and an ECM later I got it back. Unfortunately previous owner had screwed around with the turbo but I never noticed As it ran fine. The dealer attempted to "fix" the turbo. I had to bring it back to them again after it was not running right. I think they legitimately tried to do the right thing as the kid who owned it prior took out the restrictor. Still a little rough when I start it but when it warms up it flies. Brian aka ski doc suggests checking the plugs.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information