Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Kawasaki King's Avatar

Re: Almost time to hit Zoar

Well. . . . Not sure about anyone else, but the 12th has to work if we are to maintain April as the month. Point of the ride is to get together is sort of "kick off" the season. Spirit of the ride, its still cold out - who cares.

5th - Nope
    12th - Yes
    19th - Easter issues
    26th - weekend before Rapids race, not a good idea/

I agree - its gonna be cold. Im gonna bring 2 sit downs and make the best of it like we do every year.

April 12th, I will be there to hang out with who ever can make it. I beleive the date works for most that i have talked to so far?

Sound good ?
    Last edited by Kawasaki King; 04-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Bring It !

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home beerdart's Avatar

Im in..

I'd rather see it be in may but traditionally speaking it's the first event of the year so having it after the rapids race would break tradition. I'm in for the 12th. I just won't have a boat so I'll drive to the pavilion and hang out.

I know dawn and Sarah want up try to come up with a better plan for food and etc than the potluck system.

They have been discussing it through text/Facebook. Let me ask dawn tonight what they came up with and I'll text you [scott] later or post up.

The pot-luck is tradition.. WFIU? "Shirley" out of your 65 skis one on dem run?
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post
    I'd rather see it be in may but traditionally speaking it's the first event of the year so having it after the rapids race would break tradition. I'm in for the 12th. I just won't have a boat so I'll drive to the pavilion and hang out.

I know dawn and Sarah want up try to come up with a better plan for food and etc than the potluck system.

They have been discussing it through text/Facebook. Let me ask dawn tonight what they came up with and I'll text you [scott] later or post up.

Almost time to hit Zoar

I don't care how the event is planned. This has nothing to do with me.
    Dawn and Sarah didn't like the fact that we had to use a cut up 30pk as a burger flipper last year because no one thought to bring a spatula so they have been discussing a better system.

Dawn just told me that they are in favor of making a concrete list and have everyone sign up for something or everyone chip in $$ and they go to costco and buy it all. They are willing to go and do it. Sounds like a reasonable suggestion and offer to me but I don't really care either way. I am relaying the message because they don't post on here.

Skis run but I'm not going out on the water in anything but my boat this early. I'm a puss. I also don't have a dry suit. I can't get my boat here and ready to go by next week. It's up in mass.
    Last edited by caliburst; 04-02-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Well. I wouldnt call it an "event" by any means. This has scalled back over the years, but remains a fun tradition that must live on.

The pot luck thing works most of the time, but has its coordination concerns. I do not have a grill anymore and will not be attempting any coordination of any sort this year. . . . LOL. Outside of the date and location of course

My plan is to head to the water with a jetski and a sandwich. If you guys decide to coordinate a larger initiative thats awesome. Let me know how I can assist.

For me the plan is a simple one. Like I said - show up and have a great time with who ever is there. . . .and eat a sandwich at some point.

I will however work on the firewood thing though? Maybe I can get some skids again? Burning wet logs and dead carps isnt the same as dry skids
    Last edited by Kawasaki King; 04-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    Bring It !

There's zero input/feedback from anyone here other that Steve/Scott...

Sooo if u guys want help from them in planning/buying you let me or Wayne know and well let then know I guess.

Maybe when it's set in stone post it in NY section so more people see it?

cool offer on the grub but Im good. This is why its too hard to plan. I agree this is quiet. I will bounce it to the NY section as well.

For me - easy steet in 2014 !!
    one of my Ski's- Check
    Sandwich - Check
    A few beverages - Check
    Couple pieces of firwood - Check
    At least Beerdart to hang out with - Check
    Weather - fingers crossed
    Menthols and Nipples - 20% - what?...never mind.
    Last edited by Kawasaki King; 04-02-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Bring It !

Almost time to hit Zoar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki King View Post
    Well. I wouldnt call it an "event" by any means. This has scalled back over the years, but remains a fun tradition that must live on.

The pot luck thing works most of the time, but has its coordination concerns. I do not have a grill anymore and will not be attempting any coordination of any sort this year. . . . LOL. Outside of the date and location of course

My plan is to head to the water with a jetski and a sandwich. If you guys decide to coordinate a larger initiative thats awesome. Let me know how I can assist.

For me the plan is a simple one. Like I said - show up and have a great time with who ever is there. . . .and eat a sandwich at some point.

I will however work on the firewood thing though? Maybe I can get some skids again? Burning wet logs and dead carps isnt the same as dry skids
    I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kinda guy too but there is validity to what the girls are saying. I don't care either way. Just letting you know that they are willing to assist in the planning but they don't want to wait till the last min. If you want to wing it then well tell them to plan for themselves. All good either way. I'll be bringing my truck to bring home a hull that I am acquiring from Kevin. I'm sure Steve has pallets behind his shop that I can bring up. If I bring some and someone else does then we should be good on wood.
    You lmk what I can do to help and I will.

It's not hard for us to plan at all. We don't even need their help. Takes five min to post a list and have people sign up for something.

Up2u.
    Last edited by caliburst; 04-02-2014 at 12:48 PM.

"The plan is. There is no plan"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information