Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Guru

Re: Fluid Film versus CRC 6-56 for salt protection?

not that its really relevant but fluid film ****ing stinks!!

With CRC I buy the gallon jugs ($$$) and put them in a garden sprayer thing to more easily get around in the engine bay (and around the turbo). Its a PITA to get the can into the hull and then hold it in a way that you can still spray it....and you cant spray upside down etc...

It could probably be used on a CRC can as well but when I picked up some Fluid Film at a boat show the guy gave me this cap for the can to replace the original one. It has a tube attached and a little valve at the end of the tube which mists the stuff like 360 degrees. So you just hold the inexpensive, portable, not spillable (unlike my garden sprayer) can in your hand, and easily maneuver the little tube into whatever nook or cranny you want and the sprayer valve at the end of the tube ensures everything gets coated.

PWCToday Guru

I should add that by saying it stinks, I mean it smells bad, not that the product sucks

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by slug420 View Post
    I should add that by saying it stinks, I mean it smells bad, not that the product sucks
    hahaha.... I thought you were saying that the product sucks... Thanks for the clarification, because I didnt see anything in your post that said that fluid film sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by slug420 View Post
    With CRC I buy the gallon jugs ($$$) and put them in a garden sprayer thing to more easily get around in the engine bay (and around the turbo). Its a PITA to get the can into the hull and then hold it in a way that you can still spray it....and you cant spray upside down etc...

It could probably be used on a CRC can as well but when I picked up some Fluid Film at a boat show the guy gave me this cap for the can to replace the original one. It has a tube attached and a little valve at the end of the tube which mists the stuff like 360 degrees. So you just hold the inexpensive, portable, not spillable (unlike my garden sprayer) can in your hand, and easily maneuver the little tube into whatever nook or cranny you want and the sprayer valve at the end of the tube ensures everything gets coated.
    Here is my tread where I modded a spray bottle with a remote sprayer to reach down in the nooks n' crannies of my jetski.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=408306

QUOTE:
    I found the solution. While looking through my cupboard, I found a pesticide bottle with a remote sprayer. This fit perfectly on my bottle of gallon CRC 6-56.
    This works GREAT to reach all the super tight spots in my bilge area, and to spray under my engine. The only problem is that you HAVE to keep the bottle always upright. If it turns over, it might spill the entire bottle. I might consider to pour out some into another container, just in case it spills, I dont loose all of it.

Attachment 407667 Attachment 407668 Attachment 407669 Attachment 407670 Attachment 407671 Attachment 407672
    Last edited by Professorman; 02-12-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12 - LOVING fuel injection 4 stroke, no more carbs!!

85' Kawaskai JS550 - PRISTINE condition
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000

96 SeaDoo XP - Sadly missed after my family outgrew its size (2007 -- sold 2013)

PWCToday Guru

I am no longer a fan of CRC 6-56. I have a spray bottle attached, and this is the 3rd time that CRC has dried out the rubber spray bottle line, and renders the spray head useless. Luckily, I collect the sprayers from my wife's cleaning bottles as they are finished. I do not know what in CRC causes the spray heads to go dead, but it does cause them to go dead. I am not sure why Honda recommends it if it has this effect on rubber.
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12 - LOVING fuel injection 4 stroke, no more carbs!!

85' Kawaskai JS550 - PRISTINE condition
    2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000

96 SeaDoo XP - Sadly missed after my family outgrew its size (2007 -- sold 2013)

Frequent Poster

I use fluid film. Great stuff but has a funky wool smell!!

PWCToday Newbie

I know this is an old thread, but I just received via Amazon, Fluid Film along with their adapter hose.

I dream skis

2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

PWCToday Regular

http://www.fluid-film.com/products/f...-aerosol-bulk/
    that's the properties of this stuff. It does say it will swell non oil resistant rubber.
    Last edited by pokey79; 04-04-2017 at 01:55 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I haven't used Corrosion X on my skis yet as I just got them, but I do race electric r/c boats and use it religiously on electronic parts. Literally soak that stuff inside servos, take apart and soak ESC's, motors, then shake dry and use. Anytime a boat takes on water, rinse/repeat. it's a must-have product. Magical. I wouldn't hesitate using it on my skis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information