Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular Straightbangin's Avatar

Does Anyone Have The New SeaDoo Spark?

I am thinking of buying it as my first wave runner! If you have one, what do you think of it? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rod Peters's Avatar

Re: Does Anyone Have The New SeaDoo Spark?

Have one being delivered April 2014. Ordered it back in Sept 2013. Its a 2 up with high output 4 stroke, black/grey, it's the pic in my Avatar. I give it a 8 out of 10, but its not a two stroke! Easy to work on, just remove the top. I am like everyone else, waiting to see how they do and last. Its like buying a new car, first year production. The Ford Mustang was a hit, let's hope so on the Spark. I guess the jury is out until April or when the ice clears off the lakes, for my final opinion..........Damm I should move to Florida.........

PWCToday Guru

If you havent already check out seadoofourm.com theres a full section on the spark. I will end up getting one but im wanting to take a ride on one first. Since its your first ski I think it would be a good one because you would have warrenty and all. I still wouldnt pass up a good deal on a x4 though. Rod I know what you mean I know its nothing to you the snow but we got around 11 inches and our city is pretty much shut down haha

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rod Peters's Avatar

Its just too dammmmmm cold right now, its 2 tonight, but it will get warmer sooooon.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

I spoke to the owner of Riva, apparently they are selling like crazy.
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

thanks. yes, def glad i moved to FL from NY , no more of that snow crap for me

i have test driven a 2up and a 3 up ( seater ) and im def getting the 3up, the 2up felt very unstable and hard to maneuver. just waiting on dock space to open up near me. hopefully i can get one before they sell out otherwise i have to wait until 2015 model. the dealership said seadoo sold out what they made and are not making any more 2014's. all the dealerships have what they have then they are gone
    Last edited by Straightbangin; 05-14-2014 at 03:33 PM.

As of 5/31/14 I am now a proud owner of a seadoo spark 3up loaded, yellow, or I guess they call it “ pineapple “ . I did not need it loaded but it was the very last one they had and all the other dealers in Miami are sold out until November when next year's model comes out. After test driving the 2up and 3 up at a Seadoo test drive event I knew right away I wanted the 3up. The 2up felt unstable, like I would tip over and very hard to maneuver. The 3up felt just right. Holy sticker shock at the final price with all the (for the most part unexpected charges added on) Including: Sales tax on the wave runner itself, 2% tax on my total for using a credit card, Assembly Fee, Handling Fee, Shipping Fee, Inspecition Fee, Registration Fee, Registration Filing Surcharge. It basicly added on about $1,000 more than expected. I walked out the door paying about $9,500 when I was expecting to walk out of their paying about $7,500. I was not too happy they charged charged $500 assembly when they said it was fully uploaded because it came assembled but they said something about having to futher assemble it. Eck. I also had to pay $130 for the flush kit with install. I planned on doing it myself but they said the install is easy to do yourself if there is no IBR but if there is you have to take a lot apart. Doh! They said after 10 hrs of breaking it in there is a mandatory servicing to keep the warrantee valid. $200 there and $150 to pick up and then drop it back off at th marina. (I don't have a car or trailer) I said just put it all together and I'll pay for it now so ya like $9.5k I should have taken a xanax before I went. I couldn't talk him down because there were 4 people waiting for me to not say " I'll take it " last night my dealer said 5 want it including you and who ever gets here first tomorrow gets it. I was first in line and as soon as I said I'll take it the others left. So he wasn't ****ting me about that. He said he was sorry he couldn't come down on the price at all due to the high demand. So I grit my teeth and handed him my credit card who was giving me the finger on it's way over. Delivery Tuesday to my marina spot which took forever to get. On a positively note. . They already spray fluid film in for you and at the 10 hr servicing they open the whole thing up and fluid film it all so that's good and I ordered fluid film for nothing . Oh well. I’m excited, I have 2 life jackets, my emergency paddle, registration sticker numbers bought, fluid film, salt away and cover for it all purchased or ordered and I’m excited. Luckily after the first mandatory servicing it mainly just needs an oil change after every 50 hours which I can do myself. So that’s my purchasing story. I’m posting it for potential spark buyers in other threads so if you see it more than once, sorry about that.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home justforfun's Avatar

Evey time I have went to the seadoo dealer in fort Myers they had a couple sitting in the show room. seems like the entry level ski just got real costly fairly fast. Here's a good one I don't think he is to happy but if I parked my ski like that it wouldn't be in good condition either maybe he is just to hard on the ski looks like a calm water day to.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/4493650865.html

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/bod/4494628721.html
    Last edited by justforfun; 06-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Geeze. What is he doing to get deep cuts in it? LOL. At the SeaDoo test drive event they had a 2up spark that was there just for testing purposes. They were keying it on purpose to show that the material barely shows scratches ( its the same color / material all the way through and so its not like paint being scraped off)

He said " salt corrosion to the motor is terrible do to no coating on the aluminum block. "

Apparently he doesn't flush with salt away after each ride in salt water like I heard you should and apparently he didn't use fluid film all over in there before first taking it out into the water.

Preventative maintenance is key. Im surprised they have any left in Naples, but then again that was posted 3 days ago. I got the last of four yesterday and those 4 were delivered the day before.

A rep from Seadoo (who Im sure will tell people what they want to hear ) but still... said the sparks when through every bit of rigorous testing that all seadoos do and they passed with flying colors. They also said hardly any water gets in the hull.

Hopefully they hold up well with proper care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information