Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Re: Mr Legal vs Mr. Illegal

...and asking for somebody's ID is apparently racist.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

I wonder if anyone has the statistic on who is employing "the illegals"? I'm confused how we can hang the blame on one party or even politics for that matter. Logic would tell me the employers are most likely to be affluent and according to common belief, most likely Republican..

I'm quite certain whomever engages in these practices has a reason they feel legitimizes the practice.. Human nature is to seek comfort in the choices we make and to placate our conscience in the process.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    I wonder if anyone has the statistic on who is employing "the illegals"? I'm confused how we can hang the blame on one party or even politics for that matter. Logic would tell me the employers are most likely to be affluent and according to common belief, most likely Republican..

I'm quite certain whomever engages in these practices has a reason they feel legitimizes the practice.. Human nature is to seek comfort in the choices we make and to placate our conscience in the process.

The reason is money. Not only is the hourly rate less for illegals but they also don't have to pay into unemployment, workman's comp benefits, etc And most illegals (1st generation) have a strong work ethic and don't have the entitlement issues that most younger Americans have now.
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    The reason is money. Not only is the hourly rate less for illegals but they also don't have to pay into unemployment, workman's comp benefits, etc And most illegals (1st generation) have a strong work ethic and don't have the entitlement issues that most younger Americans have now.
    As an employer I understand the motive. I too look for ways to run my businesses profitably and hire the most productive worker. However, the thought of evading taxes, insurance and other liabilities of owning a business never cross my mind. Not trying to be all high and mighty here.. My point is the problem starts with the decision to make certain compromises.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    As an employer I understand the motive. I too look for ways to run my businesses profitably and hire the most productive worker. However, the thought of evading taxes, insurance and other liabilities of owning a business never cross my mind. Not trying to be all high and mighty here.. My point is the problem starts with the decision to make certain compromises.
    I think the biggest employer of illegals is the agriculture business where the employer can hire dozens or hundreds of illegals to do a job that most "legals" would never want to do without significant compensation. Not that the job is mentally demanding but that "legals" think they are too good for it. I am sure there is a point where it is cheaper to pay a fine then it is to pay taxes etc. As far as the decision, people are greedy and want to make as much profit as they can. Or they can't afford to pay there employees legally.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 10mm's Avatar

Last I heard you can now practice law in California as an illegal. Wtf? This is insane.

Top Dog
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Last I heard you can now practice law in California as an illegal. Wtf? This is insane.
    Komifornia is a dem state and they are willing to do whatever it takes to get that Hispanic and entitled vote. Which is why all of the businesses are leaving to Texas....

Komifornia is a dem state and they are willing to do whatever it takes to get that Hispanic and entitled vote. Which is why all of the businesses are leaving to Texas....
    I just don't get the logic? Why on earth would an illegal be able to take the
    bar and then practice fricking law in America? Insanity.

You would think they would slap the cuffs on him or her right in the courthouse.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

I think the biggest employer of illegals is the agriculture business where the employer can hire dozens or hundreds of illegals to do a job that most "legals" would never want to do without significant compensation. Not that the job is mentally demanding but that "legals" think they are too good for it. I am sure there is a point where it is cheaper to pay a fine then it is to pay taxes etc. As far as the decision, people are greedy and want to make as much profit as they can. Or they can't afford to pay there employees legally.
    and we always hear how our produce would be so much more expensive if we had to pay legal workers to do the work. Honestly, I would rather pay more for my produce than pay the added cost of the taxes for everything list in post 1. At least I can see the cost when I buy it.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information