Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Water not coming out of exhaust pipe

Hi I have a 2000 Yamaha gp 760 and it seems like the water is coming out of all the ports except the exhaust pipe the water box is getting kinda hot and only a few drops of water is coming out when it is idling when I rev the engine it is coming out fine its not the water box as I have 2 skis that are the same and I switched the water box to see if that was the problem and its not. HELP PLEASE

I dream skis

Re: Water not coming out of exhaust pipe

Old post I know but if you are still having this problem I think I can help (I have one of these & had the same problem to the point of burning up the waterbox to thru hull exhaust hose).
    This is a bit of a pain but you can do it yourself - the very tail end of the pipe, before the waterbox, has a reducer type fitting that has small holes that get clogged with sand/debris. Easy to take apart & clean out but I had to remove the pipe to do it - you may be able to take the hose off, get the waterbox out of the way & take tail end apart in the ski but I did not try.
    Evidently a common problem with this pipe if you ride in/around sand or pick up debris.
    LB

Thread Information