Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Harve de Grace MD

Is the Harve de Grace area fresh water, brackish or salt? Want to take a trip there but have never been in salt water and I want to know if I need to get some SaltAway before I go.

Re: Harve de Grace MD

A little bit salty. Never had a problem. In Havre De Grace, I launched at the ramp just north of the east side of the railroad bridge, the ramp had a significant drop off. I tow with a manual transmission WRX, the clutch did not like that ramp. Had to slip it a good bit to get up the drop off on retrieval. Had a nice run up the canal for a bite and a brew. I must say I did not notice the speed limit sign the first time, oops.

If you go to the Baltimore county website, they list several ramps open to the public, all but one is free, and they are decent ramps with parking. The Canton section of Baltimore has an OK ramp on Boston street, the rest room is always locked, the ladies don't like that. Truxton Park in Annapolis is another good launch site.

Rinse the ski and flush the engine when you are done. They are boats you know, designed to go in salt water. I have a chartplotter mounted and carry a marine radio and flares. You are in big water, watch the weather. Take a Coast Guard Axillary course over the winter, if you need to learn navigation.
    Last edited by ewagman; 11-24-2013 at 07:08 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Great info. Thnx for your response

Quote Originally Posted by ewagman View Post
    In Havre De Grace, I launched at the ramp just north of the east side of the railroad bridge,
    Correction: Make that the west side of the bridge

PWCToday Newbie

this weekend i'm going from baltimore to ocean city through the canal. It appears you are from Harve de grace. any advise on finding things along the way. Turkey point, entrance to canal, etc. Are there any restrictions in the canal?

Thread Information