Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: 2014 Seadoo Spark

Does spark have electric trim?
    Also wouldnt you outwait the warranty period before modding?
    I dont like the reflash idea on the 3up but the 2 up 60 hp would flyyy!
    Question
    Why would I need to flush a spark that has a close loop cooling system ive seen ppl doing it on youtube I thought the only parts that touch sea water were the pump and impeller area

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

PWCToday Regular Straightbangin's Avatar

We are having some issues that concern the potential Spark rider:

The Handlebars are plastic and are cracking or breaking in half on a few of the Sparks.

The plastic wear rings shatter when a rock comes through the pump, even a small piece of wood will crack it.

The props are digging into the wear rings at an alarming rate, it's like the bottom of the wear ring is getting 5 times as much rubbing as the top. Something is not lining up the pump area or there is some flexing going on.

The props are rusting when you use them in salt water and are not made with quality metal, I have seen a few that are banged up big time after just one rock went through the pump.

The sides of the hull are weak points, if you hit a dock or bump into a friend's ski at low speed it is making huge cracks.

There is an electrical issue that is happening as the wires rub against the engine block and the wires get exposed, blowing a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box.
    So far those are the biggest issues.

^^^ Copy, paste, print out and give to dealer for the first check up required by warranty.

Poedi603 - i have no idea about the flush, all i know is you have to flush it after each use like most skis' as per the manual. as far as the 2up i hated the test drive, it felt so unstable and hard to maneuver to me. tis why i got the 3up. on the sparks without the IBR it seems the flush kits are easy to install yourself, on the sparks with the IBR from what I understand its hard and you better know what you are doing. You have to take a bunch apart and that's why I had them do it at the dealership for me.
    When u say a few of the sparks what do you mean as in you own multiple sparks and a few have problems?
    he is staying sparks as far as the ones that people have been writing about with problems they have found. www.seadoospark.org message board has lots of info on the spark specifically from owners.

I told my sales guy that I heard Sparks are prone to sucking seaweed and pebbles in and causing damage and is there some sort of after market cap that's like an additional grate or screen that can be put on for protection. He said no and he hasn't heard that but rule of thumb

1) if you see seaweed / rocks don't accelerate near it
    2) don't accelerate unless you are in more than 5' of water

Also in the spark manual it says if spark is not accelerating like it should, tip it on its side and check the intake on the bottom for anything blocking it.
    Last edited by Straightbangin; 06-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.

I don't see how the spark is more susceptible to sucking up debris than any other ski. That's strange to me. Maybe due to more noobs owning sparks than any other ski right now and it's highly discussed. I used to run my 96 XP (the X4 hull which the spark is based off of) with no grate and just used common sense with never a problem. Anything in the pump will hinder hookup, acceleration, and top speed.

Sounds like a good mod would be a stainless wear ring and an aftermarket impellor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Cool thanks I have no grate on my 97 and am super careful just common sense really would you consider vtech tuning reflash on a 3 seater for 1k just to gain 20hp?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ha! Absolutely!! We were spending thousands back in the 90's for less gains than that!

And why are you running no grate on your TShark?

Last edited by 800X-4rider; 06-04-2014 at 07:54 PM.

800X-4rider ya its just stuff ive been hearing and im wondering how much of it is from drivers either driving the things like they stole them or newbies who just don't know what they should be avoiding. I'm a newbie and a new PWC owner and so im trying to suck up as much info as I can from these three PWC message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Straightbangin View Post
    800X-4rider ya its just stuff ive been hearing and im wondering how much of it is from drivers either driving the things like they stole them or newbies who just don't know what they should be avoiding. I'm a newbie and a new PWC owner and so im trying to suck up as much info as I can from these three PWC message boards.
    My thinking too. You'll do well. Wish more new riders took an interest like your doing. Be better for all of us!

Thanks. I have to take an interest I want this thing to last a long time and.... im looking to learn how to fix the thing on my own. I learned how to fix my 49cc scooter from top to bottom and I want to do the same for my PWC. It would be nice to score a side job on South Beach sitting in a hut renting out wave runners and I'm sure knowing how to fix them would get me the job faster :P

stupid question but is there some sort of grate or screen or filter on the intake where all people are having these issues with things getting sucked in and clogged. I just bought my spark so i havent been under it to look.
    Last edited by Straightbangin; 06-04-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Nope. Not to my knowledge. My hypothesis is that new people are riding through stuff they shouldn't. lol

But, I would be ALL OVER that 110 tune if I were you!

PWCToday Newbie

Just bought my wife one. Sea doo cannot keep up with the demand of this thing. We pick ours up on the 17 th. First thing I ever bought that I said yes I will take the pineapple one not sure if that impacts my man card but they do look fun.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information