Which resin is the Honda F-15X Aquatrax hull made of? Epoxy? Polyester? Vinylester?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Which resin is the Honda F-15X Aquatrax hull made of? Epoxy? Polyester? Vinylester?

As per my title I wanted to ask what type of resin was used in the creation of the Honda Aquatrax F-15x? I was told that very few companies use epoxy and that its always polyester but maybe Honda stepped up to epoxy?

Re: Which resin is the Honda F-15X Aquatrax hull made of? Epoxy? Polyester? Vinyleste

I'm Sure the 12's were expox. I would assume the 15 was too, local gelcoat
    Guy told me that more went into the Honda hulls than another pwc hull he's seen, I have a hunch all that attention to detail was what helped price them out of the market, blow molded plastic with auto paint is much less expensive!

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Which resin is the Honda F-15X Aquatrax hull made of? Epoxy? Polyester? Vinyleste

Hrm, it would make sense. I noticed there is a white layer between the gelcoat and the fibreglass hull. When I asked a shop that sells fibreglass products, they said its most likely a primer because gelcoat is polyester and it will not stick to an epoxy hull properly. So that makes me think it is epoxy. What the shop didn't understand is why honda would use chopped strand and epoxy as that defies the point of it being epoxy...

Frequent Poster

I got a epoxy resin kit for my F12X. I hope this resin will do the job. I got a tube of gel coat filler ,it did not stick and came off at high speed.
    2002 Honda AquaTrax F-12X

PWCToday Newbie

I contacted Honda of California and they are going to let me know for sure if it's epoxy or polyester fibreglass. The gel coat is polyester which does not bond well to epoxy. You need a vinylester primer between the polyester gel coat and epoxy fibreglass. If anyone else may know for sure, please fill us in

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Melnick View Post
    I got a epoxy resin kit for my F12X. I hope this resin will do the job. I got a tube of gel coat filler ,it did not stick and came off at high speed.
    Was the gel coat filler polyester?

Frequent Poster

I'm not sure , its brand is called plastic padding. I have read reviews on it. people use it on shower trays and bath tub's lol. not good for PWC I think.
    2002 Honda AquaTrax F-12X

PWCToday Newbie

Honda head office has no clue. They said a fibreglass repair shop should know... I'm shocked they have no technical specs on their own products

PWCToday Newbie

Honda used to buy all their resin from the company I work for. I don't know the details, but I contacted a friend in Tech Service and he will let me know. Currently, my company is supplying Yamaha with the resin for their skis.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by magnumforce View Post
    Honda used to buy all their resin from the company I work for. I don't know the details, but I contacted a friend in Tech Service and he will let me know. Currently, my company is supplying Yamaha with the resin for their skis.
    Amazing! Thanks man. I totally appreciate everyone's help on here! We should make this a sticky once we have the final answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information