Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

1999 TS 1100R Performance Mods

Is there any viable mods left for these? I JUST acquired an absolute cream puff with 54 documented miles. (Presumably). We did a compression test and all cylinders were in the low 120's. I'm not sure what to expect from a 2 stroke with 54 hrs on it. The stator, prop appear to have never ate anything other than water. The unit has been converted to premix with the oil tank removed. That was a relief. Even the block off plate looks neatly machined (unlike my Daytona 770 block off). Even came with a genuine 1999 Tigershark factory Repair manual as well as the factory brass water coupler with a ball valve shut off for running the engine out of water. *(Just always make sure engine is running before turning water on). Pretty amazing to have the factory "stuff" that came with it! cant wait to give her a good ride! All this riding on a 2008 black trailer in great shape. Asking price? 1999.00. Drive off price? A cool $1600 bucks with the 2008 trailer. Not bad. I even have a genuine Tigershark fitted cover....with one small tear at the rear Oh well. Can't have it all...
    I have a '97 Daytona 770 with beats the hoo ha how many hrs I've put on in the last 4 years plus whatever it had before I bought it and it still runs like a raped ape. The short jaunt on the water with this TS1100R was a rush compared to my already fun 770 Daytona. It do runeth! My son has a 2001 Polaris XLHX 1050 that stays about 3 mph faster than my 770 can muster. Sure hoping this 1100 can smoke him. tired of eating "walls of water". My motto is It's always better to GIVE than RECEIVE. Time for me to giveth back the many walls of water I have received... Anyone care to give an old man a hand? My thoughts were a ride plate however not many aftermarket parts available. Or maybe, just maybe the factory setup can't be improved upon. Or maybe it just doesn't need to to take his SLHX 1050.....

Any thoughts???

PWCToday Regular

Re: 1999 TS 1100R Performance Mods

Sweet ride at nice price! I picked mine up last year for $2000. I get so many conpliments on it. Mine has aleays been garaged, people cant believe its a 1999. Im sure SWISS or lownrangr can help u out with mods

PWCToday Newbie

Took it out to the lake today and give her a good go round. She did indeed eat up the Polaris SLHX 1050 by several mph and was able to give a much needed "hosing" by providing a wall of water that nearly uprooted my son from his perch aboard the SLHX 1050. Payback is a real b*tch, eh? Now the bad. Once we were around 6 miles out, they engine wound up like it jumped out of gear.... and we all know what that means don't we?

Anyway, and even before I tear it down (this weekend) I've already jumped onto Ebay and ordered a brand new drive coupler. $39 bucks shipped. Disappointed? Yes, a tad maybe. However this coupler is probably original and dry rotted to boot. In other words these puppies just wear out. One hard ride later(I mean a HARD test ride) and she came unglued. I'm betting this is all it is. If not, I'll order the rest next week. On another note to any Richie Rich types out there....while I was gandering for a drive coupler, I came across a most interesting auction...going on right now. Someone has an entire truckload of nothing but Tigershark parts. Opening bid reserve? $50,000

PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?

Glad you like the R, but sucks that you had issues. I would replace your pump bearings too.
    Region 6

Shark Bait
    My race boats:
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP
    800 Limited and 1000 Superstock

2017 Achievements
    4th at World Finals Pro-Am 1100 Superstock
    5th at World Finals Am 1100 Superstock
    7th at World Finals Am 1100 Limited
    Thank you to my sponsors: GoPro, AMSOIL, Riva Racing, Incase, Shorai, ODI Grips, and Ryno Power.
    Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TripleLRacing/

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by blackstang932005 View Post
    Sweet ride at nice price! I picked mine up last year for $2000. I get so many conpliments on it. Mine has aleays been garaged, people cant believe its a 1999. Im sure SWISS or lownrangr can help u out with mods
    Spent about 3 hrs on the lake today after fixing #2 spark plug that vibrated out while at the lake the other day. When it happened I would have sworn the engine to driveshaft coupler grenaded. Sure didn't sound like a missing spark plug. Anyway today went without a hitch and found out I can get about 3 hrs of hard running on a tank and this sweet red fireball absolutely runs circles around my son's 1998 Polaris SLXH 1050. His proverbial "reign of terror and" has ended. LMAO! I spent several hours humbling him with repeated hosings....to the point he now wants to put a 1200 in his Polaris. I still think I'll be able to keep up with him. I did have an issue with the Bilge Pump. Someone before me must have had a bad relay or something and bypassed it. If I dont pull a fuse the battery is dead overnight. Ill pull a schematic out this weekend and see what I can find. Otherwise I'm SO in love with this 1999 TS1100R. My 770 Daytona is growing cobwebs...

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by patro46 View Post
    Spent about 3 hrs on the lake today after fixing #2 spark plug that vibrated out while at the lake the other day. When it happened I would have sworn the engine to driveshaft coupler grenaded. Sure didn't sound like a missing spark plug. Anyway today went without a hitch and found out I can get about 3 hrs of hard running on a tank and this sweet red fireball absolutely runs circles around my son's 1998 Polaris SLXH 1050. His proverbial "reign of terror and" has ended. LMAO! I spent several hours humbling him with repeated hosings....to the point he now wants to put a 1200 in his Polaris. I still think I'll be able to keep up with him. I did have an issue with the Bilge Pump. Someone before me must have had a bad relay or something and bypassed it. If I dont pull a fuse the battery is dead overnight. Ill pull a schematic out this weekend and see what I can find. Otherwise I'm SO in love with this 1999 TS1100R. My 770 Daytona is growing cobwebs...
    i had to replace my relay few weeks ago. My bilge would run constantly out in the garage. I tried to clean up the relay, it didnt work. Bought a new one off ebay for like 15 bucks. it works fine now

throw up some pics of your boat!
    Region 6

Shark Bait
    My race boats:
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP

2017 Achievements
    Thank you to my sponsors: GoPro, AMSOIL, Riva Racing, Incase, Shorai, ODI Grips, and Ryno Power.

PWCToday Newbie

Here ya go....20130906_195723.jpg20130906_195737.jpg20130906_195752.jpg20130906_195800.jpg
    Last night I gave her a good cleaning, and just checked things out. Inside the front "hood" resides the factory Tigershark anchor in it's factory vinyl case and a mooring tie with a bumper guard that might be factory as well. The only issue I have had is I noticed the "anti-fog" trim gauge had a little "fog" inside after my lake ride the other day. I looked at it today and it was crystal clear. But anti-fog? Nope. Might be looking for another gauge soon. Last thing to note. I had heard these were fairly thrifty when it came to fuel usage. BS. My TS1100R has a 16 gallon fuel tank. My son's Polaris SLXH 1050 has a 12 gallon tank....and the Tigershark doesn't go another 4 gallons worth of travel BTW. Both tanks were so low neither of us dared venture far. Also, my 97 770 Daytona has a reserve. Not sure what it is, but I have had to use it on more than one time. Doesn't appear my TS1100R has a reserve. Neither does the Polaris SLXH 1050. I can see me running out of gas. Anyway, I LOVE the 1100R! The reverse step hull does just what they say it will. Enter a turn at wide open throttle, let off the gas kick your leg into the turn with a lean nail the gas and hang on! This baby will bite and slingshot me out of a turn unlike any PWC I have ever ridden! It is indeed, without a doubt and without argument the absolute finest example of a factory race bred watercraft to ever leave the Tigershark factory. For what it is worth, I have looked for a TS1100R for about 4 years now. When my son found it I fell in love from 2 pictures. It was also about a 4 hr drive into Kansas to see it. And we all know real life never looks as good as a picture. Usually. This time, it did. $1600 bucks with a perfect black 2008 model single trailer. This will be the last PWC I should ever need. Light. Nimble. Quick. What more could one ask for? Hmmm... maybe another one???

Quote Originally Posted by lownrangr View Post
    throw up some pics of your boat!
    Last edited by patro46; 09-07-2013 at 07:03 PM.

They really got things right with the 1100r... Then got out... I have always wanted one....

Wow, it looks good and I like the seat cover on it. If you ride it hard it sucks the gas fast, but if you go easy it'll be decent, at least mine is when riding with my friend who has a gp1300r. My gauges will fog up a little at first but dry out.
    Region 6

Shark Bait
    My race boats:
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP

2017 Achievements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information