User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Noob, been lurking for a while now.

Hi everyone. I got a couple of Wetjet Kraze's when my father passed away at the end of May.
    He bought them in 2009, rode them that summer, then left them to bake in the sun for the next 4 years.
    He was a collector, buy something then loose interest. Which is making closing up his estate interesting.
    Anyway, of the two, I was told one had ran great, the other just didn't perform as well.
    So I started with the "good" one.

That's not the "good" one. See the PWC cover? Well there were two brand new covers in the dry box.
    The entire time, but the Skis went uncovered for 4 years.

I cleaned the gas tank, bypassed the oil pump, rebuilt the carb, replaced some fuel lines.
    It indeed runs great. It was tired looking and Oh so 90's. So I updated the look a little.

The seat was torn up pretty bad, so I wrapped it with new vinyl. Then I tackled the chalky plastic covering the bars
    and gauge housing. After pressure washing, wet sanding and a heat gun, I got it ready for some Krylon fusion
    and clear coating. I also prepped and painted the nose area.

Then I wrapped the remaining upper portion in 3M di-noc carbon fiber style vinyl. I used their brush on primer
    to be sure it would stay.

Doing that alone is no fun. It is not perfect, I say it's a 10 footer, but I like it.

I still have to add some hydro turf and do a few more things. I added mirrors so I
    can pull a tube and keep an eye on things. I HATE the name "wetjet" for some reason.
    So I am putting "mastercraft" decals on the nose and "powered by Yamaha" on the back.

This is why I went with black and yellow.

Anyway, I have already learned so much from this site and I can't wait for more. I know it's and oddball couch,
    but we enjoy it!
    Last edited by GGstar; 08-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Re: Noob, been lurking for a while now.

C'mon 70 view's and not 1 reply? Not even " you wasted your time with such a crappy pwc" or " that krylon fusion isn't going to last long"

PWCToday Newbie

You covered the whole top portion of the hull in carbon fiber vinyl?
    That looks awesome, how's it holding up?

It's holding up great. 3m makes a brush on primer that goes on a little thicker than water. I used that over the entire area. I removed the belt line, wrapped it, then put the belt line trim back on.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Lovin those WetJets ! You've done an excellent job and the size of that backyard's AMAZING !

But I gotta say, "You have a baby face that everyone MUST envy and can You even reach the gas pedal in the Jeep?!"

Where's Henning located?

Welcome to the Forum !

Henning is about 50 miles North of Memphis , TN. While I do indeed have a baby face, that's my son is the pic's. I will try to remember how Amazing the yard is while I am mowing it this afternoon with a 105 degree heat index. My siblings didn't like the Wet Jets, they were used to newer PWC's (boats) that you can side load, and won't roll. I like being able to drift it around a curve like a dirt bike.
    Last edited by GGstar; 08-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

I understand Memphis has some great bbq.

I did realize that's your son in the pics. Bad joke on my part. But that backyard's truly awesome!

With 105 degree heat index. I'd rather be floating down a river somewhere...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Millah's Avatar

Great motor in those wetjets, Rest of the ski is a couch. But, hey it will work great to set out buoys when you get a real ski. lol just bustin your ballz!! welcome to the site.
    Jetjamracing.com
    DJSAracing.com

750 X2
    750 X2
    Super Chicken

Well, since joining this site, I have been looking for a stand up hull to transplant for running gear from the 2nd WetJet.

Great write up and story. God compensates... Your Pop was a big picture thinker, you're a detail guy. Condolences for your loss, I went through a similar struggle in 2008.

105 heat index, meh, we have that at 2 in the morning some days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information