Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mid shaft leak

Re: mid shaft leak

Yes I plan on replacing a lot of things and all the other things Frenchy has mentioned like all hose clamps while engine is out taking starter out cleaning and repainting it checking everything in the hull, ect. ect. That is why I tell people to listen to Frenchy, he knows what he is talking about. Once you understand his frenchenglish. Ha Ha . Another thing that is good about Frenchy is when you do ask him something he does get back to you with the correct info, that you don,t even have to second guess .And he has a sense of humor.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GStrans View Post
    Yes I plan on replacing a lot of things and all the other things Frenchy has mentioned like all hose clamps while engine is out taking starter out cleaning and repainting it checking everything in the hull, ect. ect. That is why I tell people to listen to Frenchy, he knows what he is talking about. Once you understand his frenchenglish. Ha Ha . Another thing that is good about Frenchy is when you do ask him something he does get back to you with the correct info, that you don,t even have to second guess .And he has a sense of humor.
    Get a new oil filter too.
    Mine took a beating getting out

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

Thank's guys, my pleasure, anytime.

Frequent Poster

What a messy job.....Had white everywhere. Tried not to mess with excess that squished out.
    The 3 self tapping screws are stripped. Is the best option epoxy w/threaded studs or a little wider/longer screw and tapping like I read in your other post?

Option one easier for me. Are those screws going to really keep it holding down??

Thanks again Frenchy for all the help!

Longer screws all the way thru and cut outside with a little grinder, # 12 x 1/4 " is the right size if i remember well, with a hex head like a bolt, you will have better grip than philipps to tight up

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cyrillefrenchy View Post
    Longer screws all the way thru and cut outside with a little grinder, # 12 x 1/4 " is the right size if i remember well, with a hex head like a bolt, you will have better grip than philipps to tight up
    Do I put some 5200 on screw head to make seal. Those walls were already chipping.
    After I cut what comes through bottom just dab of 5200.
    Shouldn't be worried about screw hole through hull

Two more I'm not sure on?
    What grease do you use for the midshaft bearing housing?
    Also, once the 5200 cures is it soft or should it be solid.
    Last edited by ocod; 07-31-2013 at 09:10 AM.

put 5200 on screws before installing, it will be sealed well, cut flush to the hull and add a little 5200.
    did you replaced the mid shaft bearing? if yes, any bearing grease will be ok, waterproof grease will be even better.
    5200 once cures should be not completely hard, just rubbery . did you use fast cure ( red rube ) or normal( blue tube )? fast cure in 24 hours, normal will take 5 days, way too long.

Frequent Poster

put 5200 on screws before installing, it will be sealed well, cut flush to the hull and add a little 5200.
    did you replaced the mid shaft bearing? if yes, any bearing grease will be ok, waterproof grease will be even better.
    5200 once cures should be not completely hard, just rubbery . did you use fast cure ( red rube ) or normal( blue tube )? fast cure in 24 hours, normal will take 5 days, way too long.
    Whew,
    Long night!

I used the fast 24 hr 5200 that is white. It's been 2 days and won't see water till Sunday.

I cleaned off excess from drive shaft hole but in the picture you still have it. Figured shaft would tear it up?
    I replace everything. I had regular lithium grease but waited till today to get the marine stuff to rebuild it.
    Went all OEM. Figured the extra $50 bucks was worth the 200 hr replacement.

Neighbor has access to press and is doing it for me.

Got 1" SS threaded bolt and cut off head. Used the 5200 to seal cut end in the hole and waiting for it cure.
    I'll get some pictures up tomorrow to help next person see threaded bolts

Also, installed 800 GPH bilge and wired it to on/off trigger switch under steering wheel. Just need to tap into siphons for exit or make new hole under grab bar.

Sorry i don 't follow you on cutting head bolt.
    What i do is i drill all the way thru, install screew from the inside and cut the tip of the screw sticking out with a little cutting wheel.
    I think you have to take intake grate off to get access.
    Lithium black heavy grease frim wallmart is what i use, works well for me, be carefull to install the 3 seals the right way

Frequent Poster

Sorry i don 't follow you on cutting head bolt.
    What i do is i drill all the way thru, install screew from the inside and cut the tip of the screw sticking out with a little cutting wheel.
    I think you have to take intake grate off to get access.
    Lithium black heavy grease frim wallmart is what i use, works well for me, be carefull to install the 3 seals the right way

Here are some pictures.

Switch location

Bilge and new joint pipe

Threaded stud with the 5200.

Image of bearing assembly.
    You can see oil seal #9 flat face (in) going down first (other side with groove/retaining spring facing up)
    Then #8 oil seal with flat side down up against #9.
    Then bearing #7 with numbers facing out?
    Last 2nd oil seal #6 with flat side facing out towards "C" clip

Correct???

Next comes oil change since my filter took a beating. and Install engine and fire it up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information