Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Carb Boring - Not Impressed!!

Sent my carb to Group K this winter to have it bored out. Just pulled it out of the shipping box and installed it on the ski. When it wouldn't run I checked the settings on the carb and found that the low speed screw was about to fall out and the high speed screw was missing all together. Shoddy work right there!! Not impressed at all.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Carb Boring - Not Impressed!!

I hate to say it but the only carb I ever saw bored by GroupK was also a train wreck, green locktite all in the shaft and the shaft would not return with spring pressure, I told the customer to send it back, he did not follow my advice installed the carb anyway and it ended up crashing into a seawall.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Past experience has been positive on work I'd had done. Recently...not so good. Frustrating to say the least.

Tech Guru Resident Guru

MedicMoose,
    While I am not happy to read of a situation where our techs made an error, I take any such situation very, very seriously. Each year, we do hundreds of carb rebuilds, modifications, etc …. In addition to all the other complex machine work we do. Since none of these operations can be done by a computerized machine, they are all done by the hands of a human being.
    Like any business owner, I know that it is foolish to say that we “never” make an error or oversight. Whenever we do find out about one, we take it very seriously, and do whatever we can to correct it with as little inconvenience to the customer as possible …. That is all that “any” business can do.
    That said, we can only respond to issues where the customer contacts us….. And it sounds like that did not happen here, so we had no opportunity to respond. We take our product quality, and customer service very seriously. We feel that is why we continue to be very busy and prosperous, in a field where a good many of our competitors have fallen by the wayside.
    For anyone that reads this, please know that if you have an issue with any parts or work you get from Group K … we do everything we can to resolve it … but you do have to contact us. We are not hard to reach.

Respectfully, Harry Klemm
    Unless otherwise stated, responses to all forum posts are based on my personal experiences working within the PWC industry, and developing high performance PWCs since 1987.

www.groupk.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

In all fairness I did tell my customer to contact you and to send the carb back, whatever happened after that was stupidity on his part.
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

Frequent Poster

Group K seems to stand behind the work and service they provide. Anyone in a business like this will make mistakes, it is how they handle it that makes a difference. I dont like to see people post negative work about companies that have not been given a chance to make it right. I have never used Group K, but a friend of mine has had lots of work done by them. He had a slight problem recently and a quick call to Harry and itwas made right very promptly. Please think of the negative effects a post like this can have on a business and give them the chance to correct it before posting. It seems that no one ever post when shops go out of thier way to help someone out. Ok, sorry about the rant I spent many years as a motorcycle tech and have a very good reputation in that business that I take very serious, and would not like for people to advertise every mistake I have made. Anyone that takes pride in thier work will do what ever it takes to make it right if given the chance.

I agree with n36...I have had nothing but good experiences with group k...I had a CDK II carb bored by them and it has worked wonderfuly on my ski...they are always extremely helpful on the phone as well.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tshank123's Avatar

Yea give them a chance to make it right first. Mistakes happen. I can personally say that everything I've experienced with Group K has been excellent.
    FN Wealth Management - http://www.fnwealth.net/
    High Speed Industries - TBA
    RIVA Motorsports - http://rivaracing.com/
    Competitive Crankshafts - http://competitivecrankshafts.com/

Worked exactly as described, plus some.

I was impressed.

And I'll be back.

Thanks Harry

PWCToday Newbie

Stop whining! Contact them...mistakes happen.

Harry and the Group K crew have been in the business for a VERY long time. I have had several of my own engine mods done through them with OUTSTANDING results all the way back to the early 1990's. They corrected the one issue I ever had with their parts/work... a head re-mill for my altitude. They are also a wealth of information which they share (through articles and compilation of their testing and experience) to help you get the best results you can, should you want to LEARN some tuning tricks yourself. I will be sending them my business often!!

Thanks Group K!

Matt L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information