Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Honda AquaTrax F12X will not run over 48 mph

Hey guys..

I have a 2002 Honda F12X. Fires up beautifully and runs great, BUT the machine will not go over 48-49 MPH. I have tested the WG actuator and it seems to be working fine. I also installed a boost gauge and the psi is around 12.5 which is about normal.
    In the water under a load the RPMs will only reach 5310 at 48 MPH. Out of the water on a water hook up, the machine will tach 6600 RPMS. The water stator seems to not be worn badly, and the impeller looks to not be damaged. Has anyone else seen these issues before? I would definitely appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Re: Honda AquaTrax F12X will not run over 48 mph

Sounds to me from what u wright u might want to check Ur plugs ( look for a odd ball ) if Ur getting 12psi u should be hitting 6000+ if its not Ur plugs u might want to check and make sure u don't have any blockage in air filter or exhaust . if u bounce out of water does it rev up instantly or slowly ?
    05 R12x 142hrs w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph
    09 F15x 39hrs .

PWCToday Newbie

checked the plugs and they seem to be ok. One of the plugs was a little wet with gas but not horrible. Out of the water the rpms with spike to 6500. My boost gauge I installled spiked at 12, so I'm not sure its actually boosting 12 until I get it on the lake. But last night I finished installing the boost gauge, and at idle I'm only pulling 8 inches of vacuum, do you know what the normal vacuum pull is on these things?

You can't tell if the iridium plugs are bad. Buy a new set so you can rule out the problem of plugs.

Where did you install the boost gauge?
    The List

2005 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, Custom Air Intake)
    2002 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, 17/29 Solas, Plenum spacer, Custom Air Intake, Velocity Stack Insert)

Celtic hit it . iridium plugs r very hard to detect bad . one being wet could mean its not firing correctly would would could be Ur issue with hp on the water .
    U need to(if u didn't) "T" Ur boost gauge in between the mapsensor nearest the back of ski next to vvalve cover . this will give u the most acureate reading with the most stable boost pressures . the plentom on these skies kill flow having a intake with a single throttle body would be the ticket to better performance and efficiency.
    05 R12x 142hrs w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph
    09 F15x 39hrs .

PWCToday Newbie

The boost line is on the intake vacuum line before the MAP sensor. But im only reading 7-8 inchs of vaccum with a flutterin needle.

PWCToday Newbie

Do any of you know what the vacuum is supposed to read on the the boost gauge? JLFX thanks for the input man. I believe I have it "T'd" at that location. I'm reading 6-8 on vacuum side. I just don't know what these Honda's factory vacuum reading is. I know they are a low compression engine, but I Wanna be sure I don't have a leak anywhere

I've had two aquatrax pwcs where I have had issues getting beyond 45mph. I am betting my 3rd one I am working on will have the same issue!

My approach:

1. New plugs
    2. New gas with sea foam
    3. New oil (4.5 qts no more)
    4. New air filter
    5. Nitro test WGS. I've had one pass this test and still be bad though. I zip tie a working WGS from my other pwc and swap it on the water to prove it.
    6. With pwc off make sure the turbine in the turbo cartridge spins freely. If not free it carefully with a deep 9mm socket.
    7. Make sure the wastegate actuator moves with 8.7 psi (usually codes on the water due to this issue though)
    8. Make sure the hull is clean (I am not kidding here since I've personally lost mphs here).
    9. WATER TEST and see what happens. Use a GPS and do not be fooled by the dreamometer.
    10. If no codes start looking at boost issues. I took it to the water and stuck a gauge prior to the map sensor (as JLFX mentioned the one near the valve cover) and then at the nipple coming off the turbo prior to the pill.
    The List

2002 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, 17/29 Solas, Plenum spacer, Custom Air Intake, Velocity Stack Insert)

PWCToday Newbie

I have installed at boost gauge on ski and I replaced the WG actuator. Water test = 47 MPH, 8 psi boost..RPMS never climb over 5280. I took needle nose plier and BARELY pinched line to wg actuator to make a "home made" boost gauge for a lake test, and the psi will go to 12 but wont hold, drops back and holds steady at 8 psi at 5280 RPMs. Pulled off the WGS and tested with 12 volts it does open to let air vent. I don't know where else to look for a boost leak. My next step was to take it to Honda. How do you perform a Nitro test on the WGS?

The List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information