Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I dream skis

Re: 94 boston whaler rage engine conversion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
    I have a 1993 13' Rage with a 2 stroke 650 I'd like to swap out for a more powerful 4 stroke. I spearfish off it and would like to be able to have three people on it. The 650 just doesn't do it. Should I be looking at a 701 or a 760 or ?? for the swap? Which would be the easier/better engine for this swap?
    I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
    Cheers and Happy New Years.
    JohnAndrew - Both the 701 and 760 engines you are looking at are 2 stroke. Space in that engine bay is tight to say the least and I cant even think of a 4 stoke that would physically fit in the space without doing a LOT of fiberglass modifications, not to mention the ridiculous amount of custom metal fabrication that would no doubt be required to make everything work. So if you have crazy fabrication skills, tons of free time and lots of money have at it. Or make your life easy and put in a 760. Or just buy a small skiff with an outboard and sell the Whaler, it would be cheaper in the long run. Just sayin.
    06 SXR Limited, a couple of modded RNs, and WAY too much other crap !!!!!!

Re: 94 boston whaler rage engine conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn240 View Post
    JohnAndrew - Both the 701 and 760 engines you are looking at are 2 stroke. Space in that engine bay is tight to say the least and I cant even think of a 4 stoke that would physically fit in the space without doing a LOT of fiberglass modifications, not to mention the ridiculous amount of custom metal fabrication that would no doubt be required to make everything work. So if you have crazy fabrication skills, tons of free time and lots of money have at it. Or make your life easy and put in a 760. Or just buy a small skiff with an outboard and sell the Whaler, it would be cheaper in the long run. Just sayin.
    Thanks Glenn

What are your guys/gals thoughts on putting in a 760 two stroke with fuel injection? Would/could it be a direct swap (motor mounts and such lining up) or pretty close?
    Would I get enough extra horsepower or more importantly torque by doing so?
    Thanks and cheers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information