Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: 94 boston whaler rage engine conversion

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't find anything on the X, either.

Due to some lame-azz head-butting between the powers-that-be on the X and Charlie (SFLSurfrider), the guy who built that incredible Rage several years ago, the entire thread was deleted...

You won't find a thread on the Rage on www.bamafreeride, but you will find Charlie, and you might be able to get him to send you some photos/description of what he did. It was impressive. Except for that god-awful turf job!
    Head butting , on the X , no fawking way man, why dost thou speaketh such blasphemy ?
    Get your Fat Dudes T-shirts right here PM me for details !

94 boston whaler rage engine conversion

New cable and helm and wheel,Put a new solas 13/17 prop and wear ring does 40 with 2 ppl, this has really turned out to be a great boat

My boss has one of these boats that I got running for him at the end of last season, I like the wheel instead of the bars for sure. Does yours have the drain plug in front of the engine? I thought that was the dumbest thing and almost filled it completely up with water once because I couldn't figure out where the plug went. Cool boat though, I bet it's sweet with a 760.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    '85 550/750/X2 pump swap -In Progress
    "If it's electrical, mechanical, or a woman,
    it doesn't need to make any sense."

Quote Originally Posted by tensecrnr View Post
    we dont live and ride sometimes we ride and live a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    you are trying to reinvent the wheel, that one isn't gonna roll.
    P.M. if your looking for: Full 650 engine and electronics, Yellow 580 parts, or Tide rider parts/info

Fueled by two stroke, Dr. Pepper, and Hank Williams

Yea the drain plug is is in a terrible spot I can barley get my mits in there to take remove it

Yea the drain plug is is in a terrible spot I can barley get my mits in there to take remove it

PWCToday Newbie

Don't know if anyone is still alive that remembers this conversion... but I've started on similar project this summer with a Rage 13 and a freshly built 760 64X on a SkatTrak 12-20 that should bring some nice upgrade power to the little Whaler... If anyone is interested I will post pics as I finish up the project.

Quote Originally Posted by tajaro View Post
    Don't know if anyone is still alive that remembers this conversion... but I've started on similar project this summer with a Rage 13 and a freshly built 760 64X on a SkatTrak 12-20 that should bring some nice upgrade power to the little Whaler... If anyone is interested I will post pics as I finish up the project.
    Yes! Post pics!

I bought one of these boats last year. I'm in the process of swapping in a stock 701 and have bought a complete Solas pump with 12 vane stator and trim nozzle. Hooker 9/15 impeller going in. Can't wait to see how it works!

PWCToday Newbie

I just got a 93 rage myself and I plan on upgrading the motor over the winter so I'm interested.
    thanks Chris

PWCToday Newbie

I'm hoping to be back in the water next week... LOTS of fabrication as the exhaust plumbing is completely different. I went with a 62T expansion chamber into the stock waterbox (of course it had to be sectioned to rotate the outlet tube 90 degrees and refiberglassed). The waterbox is moved from the front of the engine to aft of the engine (now it's on the port side) with a 700 exhaust hose with the big U-shaped configuration to jog up and over the pump tunnel back down into the stock thru-hull exhaust port. Had to of course trim the engine cover and floorplate to get it all to fit. Also upgraded the stock 6M6 CDI to a 62T to get a few more revs. Trying to sort out cooling plumbing now (confusing) and have to fabricate throttle/choke brackets for the twin carbs to work.

Getting there.

PWCToday Newbie

Hate to drag up an old thread, but I'm looking at doing a 760 conversion on my 93 rage. I see the exhaust is going to be an issue. Any one complete this conversion and maybe have some pics they can share?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information