Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

HELP!! 650 swap into a 550

where can I find some info on a 650 swap? I did a seach and didn't find much. Any info would be great.

Thanks

PWCToday Guru
    search for conversion and stuff should come up. you are gonna need 550 couplers on the motor and the drive shaft, a conversion plate, for the pipe i hear the westcoast is the best for this conversion but used the stock one.

PWCToday Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by warpt
    search for conversion and stuff should come up. you are gonna need 550 couplers on the motor and the drive shaft, a conversion plate, for the pipe i hear the westcoast is the best for this conversion but used the stock one.
    Cool I will do anther seach under conversion. I have the 550 coupler and drive shaft. I need to find the info on the conversion plate. What about the wiring?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Fletch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ares650
    Cool I will do anther seach under conversion. I have the 550 coupler and drive shaft. I need to find the info on the conversion plate. What about the wiring?
    Samora's still makes the conversion plates:

http://www.myski.isfaster.com/kawasakifr.shtml

Look under "Kaw. 440/550-650/750 Conversion" on the left hand side.

--Fletch
    "Come on guys! It's simple! Maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days!"

PWCToday Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by ares650
    Samora's still makes the conversion plates:

http://www.myski.isfaster.com/kawasakifr.shtml

Look under "Kaw. 440/550-650/750 Conversion" on the left hand side.

--Fletch
    Thanks Fletch!!!!

Now I need to find out about the wiring.

MASTERBrian, I believe, is the guy with the specs on that. If it wasn't him, then somebody posted a picture with the correct wiring diagram for using a 550 box on a 650 motor. Again, try a search using "650 wiring" or something along those lines. You could also PM him and see what he says.

Stand Up Rider #37

Ive done the conversion to my 440, if you have any questions just ask

Art_Maybee
    I've got some wiring diagrams. I don't think I have them on my work PC but will post them when I get home if they aren't already up by then.

PWCToday Newbie
    Thanks everyone for the help!!!!!!!!I would like to be runing this weekend -the engine plate. I have my ski and I justed picked up the engine today. So any info to get me started would be great. And if anyone has the engine plate and would like to sell it, shoot me an email.

Thanks

PWCToday Guru
    hey jeepmark you mentioned you did this conversion with a 440 hull, are you using the 440 pump also and if you are what size prop are you running
    as for getting a conversion plate i got mine from a guy that posts on this site his name is acanswers searc for his name and you should find his email adress.
    thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information