• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billman100
    Top Dog
    • Jul 2007

750sx flatdeck build

So I started my flatdeck built today, here are some pictures, not sanded smooth yet and woops I cut the exhaust, can I just have it welded? What are recommendations on fiber glass and foam and where to get.
    Attached Files
    -3 RNSJ JW850BB
  • billman100
    Top Dog
    • Jul 2007

Re: 750sx flatdeck build

I also cut it down to just after the ride plate bolt. I am thinking about moving the pole mount forward to where the gas fill is, the only thing stopping me is I will be getting one of those customs tube poles for this and can have it made to any length, what should I do or both? How tough would it be to glass it up right?
    Attached Files
    -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• billman100
      Top Dog
      • Jul 2007

Still havent found a place to weld my exhaust back together yet but I made forms to pour my foam into once I get that done. Ordered my foam, resin and glass from aeromarine last night. Here are some pictures of the forms.
      Attached Files
      -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• billman100
        Top Dog
        • Jul 2007

Pipe welded and picking it up tomorrow. As I read more and more builds on here I am thinking about doing a front rocker on the ski while I'm doing other foam and glass work.
        Anyone ever done one a hull like this or would it work?
        Also thinking about cutting the bottom deck back 3 or 4 more inches? What do you guys think,
        I would like to get a little feedback before I hack the front off or anymore off the back end.
        Last edited by billman100; 02-26-2013, 10:44 PM.
        -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• naticen
          I dream skis
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by billman100 View Post
          woops I cut the exhaust
          You moron!!

Just kidding. I cut through mine a couple months ago.

Serious question, does rocker do anything besides in the surf. It doesn't even usually bother me in the surf. I like tubbies to keep the nose up. If it's chopped in the back, I wouldn't think you would need more rocker either way. I doubt you will get much advice as nobody uses the 750 for freestyle.

Anything is possible with foam and some time. Move that handlepole forward. I had a 550 like that and it made a huge difference. Whole new ski and it was amazing.

Comment

• billman100
            Top Dog
            • Jul 2007

I'm pretty sure I'm leaving the back how it is now but I can't decide if I want the front chopped back and rounded off or if I should move the pole, I feel like chopping the front would be the "easier" of the two
            That way I'm not worried about the pole mount coming loose so much? There is a guy on here doing a build on a 300, totally different than this, but he rockered the front and he said the ski was going to be used for jumping boat wakes, So thats what I'm going off of
            -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• naticen
              I dream skis
              • Feb 2010

The chop off of the back extends your pump past the ski which gives it more leverage in a turn, especially if you extend the throw of the nozzle. A handlepole moved to the nose will change its distance to the tray, which you are using for leverage, and the pump, which is what you are leveraging. This longer distance is a bigger lever giving you more strength to pull and, with some of the back missing too, lets the rear get pushed around easier. I haven't ridden a ski with a nose brought back to the pole, but I don't think that it will give you the same results as either or both of the other things. I'm sure it won't hurt, but I think it will be harder to keep symmetry and create a custom shape than to chop the rear pieces off.

All my opinion of course.
              Last edited by naticen; 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• billman100
                Top Dog
                • Jul 2007

I see where your coming from on the hard to shape part but I think Im up for that challenge, I feel like it would be easier to get the nose around if it was shorted and the didnt stick out past the pole much like on the rickter? hulls. I know there completely different animals here but that where I got the idea. On a side note got the ski back from the welder today to the tune of $78!!! Im sure it took him an entire 15 minutes to to also, oh well stupidity costs money.
                -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• naticen
                  I dream skis
                  • Feb 2010

It cost me $40 to do mine. It was a good acquaintance with similar hobbies price. He said he couldn't do a good job with the welder because something about the alloy. It had holes in it when he first gave it back. Then he used some alumiweld rods with a propane or mapp torch to do it. I wasn't sure how much to believe him, but maybe it is a tough piece to weld for some reason.

Comment

• billman100
                    Top Dog
                    • Jul 2007

Foam, glass and resin came in today so I started back at it, still haven't figured out my nose/pole situation though, leaning more toward moving my pole to the front of the ski, anyway heres pictures, glassin in the morning.
                    Attached Files
                    -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• billman100
                      Top Dog
                      • Jul 2007

Have 3 layers of glass down here, is that enough or should I add some more tomorrow?
                      Attached Files
                      -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• billman100
                        Top Dog
                        • Jul 2007

added two more layers of glass over my foam and deck this morning and found out all my classes were canceled, so I decided to do a little more
                        Attached Files
                        -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• 315rider
                          PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
                          • Sep 2010

W...T...F... do you have planned with the hood?
                          89 rockerd X2, ported and polished 65 SOLD
                          93 waveblaster 701 SOLD
                          Fix'd steer 650sx ​SOLD
                          100% custom X2 project

Originally Posted by JonnyX2
                          One kick is maintenance....twice is abuse

Comment

• billman100
                            Top Dog
                            • Jul 2007

lowered, leaving it how it was didnt flow with the rest of the ski for me, I'll foam and glass over top and bottom of the open area.
                            -3 RNSJ JW850BB

Comment

• Gas Mask
                              Top Dog
                              • Dec 2012

update please
                              Check out my vids youtube.com/c/JetSkiJarrod
                              Buy/Sale/Trade Jet ski parts on FB: https://m.facebook.com/groups/809811469202373

Comment

Working...
                              X