Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Candlewood Lake

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Candlewood Lake

They seem to have a problem with the NY registered boats, too. Have read many a thread on various sites that NY registrations are not welcome. The locals even try, from time to time, to get NY registered boats banned from the lake.

Towed my boat there (only live 20 minutes away) and launched there once........... never again.

Too bad, it's a nice lake and that Down the Hatch stop is a really nice stop for lunch and food was really good. I don't drink and drive, but saw plenty of patrons downing a few then getting in their boats and leaving. Kind of un-settling.

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelinnovations View Post
    Everytime I go to Candlewood Lake on my jet ski's I get asked to leave by DEP! Not just on my blasters, but even driving my couch safely with my daughter! They seem to find a bull$hit reason every f***ing time! Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful lake but the authorities are more worried about where your reg decals are placed on your pwc rather then the four intoxicated a$$holes leaving "Down The Hatch" on a boat they have no experience driving!
    Last edited by 04fxdwgi25; 08-15-2017 at 08:35 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Candlewood Lake

Latin's Cove also has some serious submerged chunks of concrete / rocks over by that "sea wall", too. Took a sizable chunk of gelcoat off my Chaparral 2550 SX (probably boat was a tad big for the launch) when I launched there. Lots of weeds and not too deep, so churning up and sucking up mud and weeds is not uncommon.

Of course, had also to deal with the "You have NY registration" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Latins cove is a free ramp, let me just tell you that ramp sucks.... all out of state and newbies at that ramp, it can get scary and long long lines to get in and out. the no wake is like a mile long. your better off going to new fairfield and paying the 15 dollars to launch for the day or pay for a season pass. I launch from brookfield ramp (which is down the street from the hatch) thank god is residents only and a pay ramp.
    Last edited by 04fxdwgi25; 08-15-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information