Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Candlewood Lake

Frequent Poster

Re: Candlewood Lake

This should be interesting,shaved head,tats up and down the arms,right next to the Yacht club?........yea,I'm getting hassled...I can just see it now,lol...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Kawasaki King's Avatar

I have never hit up candlewood, but always wanted to. Maybe its just not worth it. Zoar is our home field and we love it. Yeah the watercops can be a hastle from time to time, but not once they know your boat. We have been riding it for 15 year. . . Love it. PS - nothing beats the sand bar on a 90 degree day.

Keep an eye on this site, we'll always post when we organize rides, or if we are just heading out for the day. We always get a couple great days out there!!

See you guys out there - 4 months to go !!

PWCToday Guru

kingstonpoint beach ny on the river. no problems there.i ride there till july. donw in poughkeepsie i had some problems. and i know some of the cops there. kingstons the spot for eastern ny.

Frequent Poster

Will definately be checking for rides in the future.Thanks for the heads up!

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat41 View Post
    kingstonpoint beach ny on the river. no problems there.i ride there till july. donw in poughkeepsie i had some problems. and i know some of the cops there. kingstons the spot for eastern ny.
    Had the wife out with me on the Hudson for the first time end of August,know a few poeple at Hyde Park Marina.Was not too happy though,Had about 7 or 8 hours on it when we ran in to a little problem....sucked some debris up into the intake,talk about trial by fire,middle of the Hudson having to jump in and dive under and pull it all out,luckily I shut it down immediately and got everything out o.k.Freaked her out though,she kind of got a little scared.Does not look too bad from the shore but,get in the middle with all the boat traffic and tugs and being kind of dead in the water for a few....all good though,one helluva learning experiance to say the least.Rivers gotten bad with the debris and all these storms last few years,reason I'm staying "Lakeside",lol..
    Last edited by Jakesdaddy; 12-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nextlevelinnovations's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesdaddy View Post
    What was the reason for asking you to leave if you don't mind me asking?Maybe I can cover that base as well prior,lol...
    The have a different bull$hit reason every time. So far it has been: My 7yr old daughter sitting in front of me on our GP1200 (this happened twice on two seperate occasions, her feet could touch the deck while sitting but since she could not 100% flat foot it so they made us leave (also twice on 2 seperate occasions), placement of reg decals on B1, no reg decals on another B1, my attitude contributed another time because they are f**king a$$holes, and the list continues. Never was I riding like a d!ck, they actually stopped me one time while they were towing another boat just to tell me to leave while on the GP with my kid! But you can watch all the inexperienced f**king idiots that cant drive a boat hit the sandbars, beaches, and hit the dock 12 times while trying to park at Down The Hatch but they dont get stopped!
    1996 B1
    1995 B1 sport-spec
    1994 B1 wife's ski
    1993 B1
    1997 Superjet
    1993 Superchicken
    2005 modded GP1300R
    1990 X2
    1988 Jammer

Frequent Poster

Not a drinker so,not too worried about the "Hatch" traffic.One of the reasons I like where we are at,pretty mellow on the other side and north.Funny you say that though,I remember when the last time the wife and I had lunch,like you could almost hear "Ramming speed ahead"....lol...when they bang it up.I need to remember to film it next time.

Frequent Poster

Quick question for everyone.Being a resident of New York but planning on riding mostly in Ct. waters,will I need to take the boating course in Ct. as well or does my New York certifications count while in Ct. waters? Seeing how the DEC is really on point on Candlewood as I found out late last season,lol I want to make sure I have all the "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed before attempting to head out again.Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jakesdaddy; 03-30-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Frequent Poster

Thanks Beerdart,looking forward to hopefully hooking up with some of you on the water.Everyone take care and thanks again!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information