Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seadoo rxdi ???

dan059

seadoo rxdi ???

hey I am looking at getting a new ski last time I got a ski I found a site that had a ton of rider reviews but can't seem to find anythig like that now. So my question is tell me about the rxdi I know some people are going to tell me about the 951 I know the issues and it is something I am thinking about, so no seadoo sucks replys please I would just like some in depth reviews for this ski so I can make a good choice, before you tell me buy a xp I need something that is able to ride two up so that kinda keeps me from getting a xp I love the xp my uncle has two of them but it just won't work for my needs thanks for your help

I dream skis
    Ask this guy his opinion...he has had a carbed model since 2000.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=52559

There are also RXDI owners here too. Hopefully they will chime in...

PWCToday Newbie
    I can't give you a in depth review just my opinion of mine. I have a 03 RXDI pushing 200 hours. It has been a exellent ski and has not left me stranded..yet I would take it over the XP Its a easyer ride. Don't buy into that 951 crap. All the 951's I have had have treated me as well as I have treated them. The DI thing has been a learning experience. I like it but in hindsite I might have went with the carbs as far as engine mods go. You will come up on a brick wall fast if you want the DI to hang with the big boys. Like say that 96xpss guy It is ok for 2 up far better than a xp but nowhere near as nice as a GTX and the fuel milage cannot be beat on the DI

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt_E's Avatar
    There's a good chance your fuel pump will go out sooner or later, but other than that, the DI setup is purdy sweet.
    If I sound like a moron, it's only because I haven't typed enough words yet.

Jetworks....Blowsion....Superfreak!....Thrust Innovations

PWCToday Newbie
    I bought a used 02 RXDI back in june of 03 with 42hours on it. Not long after I got it I had to replace the impeller and wearring due to the previous owner running it thru some what seemed like gravel. After replacing that, I have not had the first problem out of it the two seasons I have had it. With the new impeller it is stronger out of the hole than any of my friends skis (01 RXDI, 04 GP1200R, several GTX SC's) and still a little faster up top than my buddy's bone stock RXDI. Best GPS to date is 62 mph and I weigh in ~260lbs. I will second dog paw's comment on the gas milage. I can ride all day with the group and when we come in, due to them not haveing any gas, I still have 3 bars on the gas guage. IMO, the RXDI is a great ski for someone that wants a good muscle craft but still have some storage and the ability to ride two up comfortably. As for handeling, the RX is a bit heavy but still a pretty nimble ski once you learn how to throw it around. It rides better in the chop than any other ski I have riden and does not porpoise as bad riding two up as other skis in it's class. My overall conclusion: I love my RXDI and would most definately recomend it.
    02 RXDI Yellow/Black/Silver
    Mods: Solas Dynafly 13/19, UMI Finger Throttle, M-Line seat cover, GatorGrip mats

sevenptdoo
    I have a 03 RXDI and love it. I did have a problem with the fuel pump. That happened after only 19 hours and the ski was never abused or driven through shallow water, it just went out. Then that fuel pump was recalled and the boat ended up being in the shop for 44 days. That sucked. I have a post dated back in September titled "New RXDI...Problems" if you want to take a look. Other than that I will attest to it being fast and the DI makes it a breeze for startup and fuel mileage. I can't wait for the warm weather to arrive so I can go back and enjoy it. Post reply if you ride in Nashville.

I dream skis
    Wow...the first thread that stayed on topic all day and didn't have a basher waste our time!

I'm proud of you guys(the ones that didn't bash)...and thanks for the honest posts about your experience with your DI's.

I did ride the RXDI (actually the whole lineup) in Indy when it was released...the same year as the SC 4 TEC. The throttle response was amazing...I liked the ride. It was a much more fun ski to ride (IMO) than
    the SC 4 TEC.

Good info so far...keep it coming.

Just watch out for the DI motor when it gets to the 70-90 hr range. I have seen some very weird problems that look like injection control failure, which Sea-Doo blames on water ingestion. (water ingestion will not melt the exhaust side of the piston) I have seen this on a few boats myself and have heard of other unexpected failures in that hour range from others in the know.

The RXDI is a fun boat though. A great choice for 2 up riders, and easy on the gas. Rob, who worked for us this summer had one and it wasnt to bad for a stock ski.

dan059
    thanks for all of youre help everyone I think I have it narrowed down to a 99/98 gp or a 00+ rxdi all I have to do is get my blaster 2 sold and star looking the ice is almost all off here so I hope to be on the water with my new ski bye april 1st not sure my uncle can wait that long he got a brandnew xpdi this winter I think he might be taking off for tx or az for the weekend soon he is dying to get it wet

Quote Originally Posted by dan059
    thanks for all of youre help everyone I think I have it narrowed down to a 99/98 gp or a 00+ rxdi
    Be on the strong end of the deal and get a GP, the RX's hull is a joke.
    (sorry XPSS, but that is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of FACTS, while the XPL, yet underpowered, is probably the best runabout hull around, the RX is one of the most pathetic, along with the ZXI)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information