Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home vshockey10's Avatar

Re: SXR 1100 pump swap

woooow that is sweet! nice plate and toploader to chris
    THANK YOU pwctoday community for all of your friendly knowledge. I can't thank some of you enough. Hope to see you all on the water!

so I wasnt able to figure out a way to cleanly bolt the pump shoe to the hull and have it be removable so I just drilled and tapped the holes where the pump mounts to the pump shoe and put 2 short bolt in from the inside of the hull using loctite. the pump shoe is mounted very solid now, but if I ever need to remove it I will have to cut it out or cut open the tray to get to the bolts that hold it in. when I drilled the existing threaded hole in the pump shoe I wrapped to drill bit in duct tape so that i didnt mess up the existing threads that hold the pump the the shoe, It worked well and the threads are still perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images

EPIC INDUSTRIES - delivering top quality billet products to the pwc market for great prices

next, I had to re plumb the ski. I used 2" pvc for the scupper and part of the exhaust tube. I ran 4 cooling lines using 1/2 od aluminum tubing and I used pvc for the drivshaft tube and the steering cable tube. the custom made muffler fit perfectly in the gunwhale. I added a water fitting to the muffler so I can run a direct line to it from the pump with an adjustable valve to quiet it down a little

EPIC INDUSTRIES - delivering top quality billet products to the pwc market for great prices

I got the back finished up with the custom scupper install. First I machined a mold at work out of steel to make the cups that allow the scupper to be recessed into the hull. Next I glassed them into the rear of the ski and blended the edges using a epoxy microballoon blend. Then I just rattle canned the flat black to match the rest of the repair area and topped it off with 2 special edition Epic scuppers. The scupper on the left is for the exhaust and is to help prevent water from back flowing and filling up the exhaust chamber, this scupper does not have the magnets like the standard Epic scupper because I thought it might cause too much backpressure on the exhaust, But I can always swap the front plate out for a magnetic one later if I want. The scupper on the right side is a standard style Epic scupper with a 2" pvc drain tube that connects to the engine bay for super fast drainage of any water that might find its way in. The red and blue scuppers match the paint job on the ski perfectly and I think the recessed scuppers look pretty cool

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chris03HD's Avatar

That looks SOOO trick!

Did you ever get an intake grate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris03HD View Post
    That looks SOOO trick!

Did you ever get an intake grate?
    thanks! yeah found a r@d d grate for cheap

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home iangdesign's Avatar

That looks great Chris! Very unique...can't wait to see and give the ski a ride!

You are not acting like the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be...

701 SN SJ - Spider Square

so after getting all the lines plumbed I fit back what I could of the stock foam under the tray and used 2 part urathane foam for the rest, after the foam cured I sanded it down and was able to fit most of the tray back in just like I cut it out. I had to leave the rear area cut out because the larger pump area sticks up past the tray floor, so I used some more foam to turn the raised area of the larger pump box into a kick tail and will glass over it once I get some more epoxy resin. I mocked up the pump to see how far the sterring nozzle will hang out the back of the ski when its done, not too far IMO. I also mocked up with diffrent driveshafts and i decided to go with a drivshaft from a 650sx because the spacing from the bulkhead bearing to where the coupler is spot on and I will be able to remove the spacer I had behind the bearing. However because I set the pump and inlet 8" farther back in the hull, the drivshaft will need to be extended 8" to reach the pump, this may be a bit tricky to do, but ive got an idea of how to do it, stay tuned to see how it turns out

ok so I finally got the tray put back in and all glassed up, the area where the pump mounts is much larger for the 148 pump so I just built up a wedge type kick tail in the rear. the next problem I had to adress is that after moving the whole pump and inlet back 8" the stx1100 drivshaft I used before is now 8" too short. to fix this I ditched the stx shaft because I did not like the fact that it required a spacer behind the bulkhead bearing or that it used that giant oversized coupler. My new driveshaft setup is built from 2 650sx driveshafts that I cut, machined and then had them welded together, the 650sx shaft has the correct spacing between the coupler and the area where the bulhead bearing rides so the spacer is no longer required

I dream skis

Nice thread.
    Super jets ONLY - never green....
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Too much to list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information