» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: SXR 1100 pump swap

very cool build!
    www.raddudesfi.com

2008 Seadoo Wake 215 68.2 gpsed stocker
    2009 Kawi Sxr Tbm 3.5 degree bars, Worx sponsons, Pump Seal kit TBM intake grate TBM front sponsons, TBM throttle
    2007 Hydrospace stock class ready
    2007 hydro 1100
    2006 hydrospace stock class ready

The twin

once I had the ski flipped over, I first cleaned the area to be glassed with a wire brush on a drill and brake cleaner. Once I got it all cleaned up I sanded it with 40 grit and the blew it off with compressed air and layed some glass. FOr the glass I used 1 layer of mat followed by 3 layers of 1708 biax with resin resarch epoxy resin. once it cures I can remove the fixture and glass in the rest of the area. Im also thinking of reversing the hull chop and returning the hull to stock lenth because with the added weight and speed of the 1100 motor, the -4 hull chop had a negitive effect on the handling of the ski, Also having the rear of the ski strait cutpump swap 6.jpg will make it easier for me to do the exhaust outlet and scuppers

EPIC INDUSTRIES - delivering top quality billet products to the pwc market for great prices

ok so, once the first section of glass cured I was able to remove the fixture and glass in the rest of the open space using the same method of cardboad and pvc wrapped in packing tape to provide a rough form for the glass to lay up against. Once this cures, I will flip the ski over and use epoxy and microballons to finish any gaps/ imperfections and get it ready for paint. I also got to looking at the pump shoe for the 148 pump from the zxi and after some measure I found that the pump shoe necks down to 140mm at the smallesst point, which kinda defeats the purpose of running the larger pump in the first place. My solution for his problem, because I plan to do this same 148 pump mod in my 1100 x2 in the near future was to make a fixture to mount the shoe in my CNC lathe at work so I could bore it out to the proper 148mm. It came out great, so if anyone needs a 148 pump shoe bored out let me knowpump swap 7.jpg148 pump shoe 1.jpg148 pump shoe 2.jpg

EPIC INDUSTRIES - delivering top quality billet products to the pwc market for great prices

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home iangdesign's Avatar

Looking good Chris...I knew that STX was good for something! Haha!

You are not acting like the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be...

701 SN SJ - Spider Square

Its been a while since the last update, but I have finished the bottom part of the ski and am now working on installing the pump shoe and all the cooling lines,steering cable tube, driveshaft tube, scupper and exhaust. The pump shoe is gonna be a little tricky because I have cut off all the parts where the pump attaches to the hull using bolts, and I don't trust that it will stay put with just silocone so ive got to figure out a way to bolt it in. Ill get some updated pics this evening when I get home, but its comming along good and should work awesome

SXR PUMP 1.jpgSXR PUMP 2.jpgSXR PUMP 3.jpgSXR PUMP 4.jpg

Heres some pics of how it looks now. from the last pics I just did a whole lot of sanding and filler to get it nice and smooth and then painted it with a black high biuld primer. Ill probly just leave it black, the color diffrence doesnt really bother me and not worth the work to color match it to the rest of the ski. The pump inlet from the zxi is 2" longer than the sxr inlet, I mooved back the whole inlet and pump area back a total of 8" but because the inlet is longer, the begining of the inlet is 6" farther back than stock. The next thing I need to do is drill some holes through the pump shoe so I can bolt it to the hull so the whole pump doesnt fall out when im riding. I will glass some threaded inserts tot he backside before I put the tray back in, That way I can remove the pump shoe if needed

Great job! Are you going to run the stock intake grate or go for a top loader?

Dano 7
    99 ZXI 1100 - Parting out. No engine or ebox. PM me for other needed items.
    04 SXR 1100
    02 SXI PRO
    04 SXR 800
    17 YZ 250X

Ill probly just run the stocker untill I find a deal on a used scoopgrate from a stx or zxi. I was running the stock sxr inlet with no grate at all so I will try that with the zxi inlet too for an accurate comparison between the two.

On a side note, Im having troble finding a spot to bolt the pump shoe into the hull and have it be removable so Iwill problyend up just bolting it in so that I wont be able to remove it unless I cut out the tray again, kinda sucks, but that's the only way I can figure out how to do it and know its gonna be solid

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chris03HD's Avatar

I have a brand new Jet Dynamics

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chris03HD's Avatar

SXR 1100 pump swap

Here's a pic :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information