User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: pjs super cylinders!

Awsome blrider ill defiantly look at it! And zpilot I have no clue what you said lol, did pjs make a top end called 9000 viper? How can you tell cause I've only heard if super cylinders neve viper an these looked just like the super cylinders I thought!?!?
    750 x2, 550/650 conversion, all stock 89,race x2 project!!!
    And way to many Kawi parts!

GOOD NEWS if it doesn't run it makes great yard art!

Does anyone know what kind of compression it Should be putting out? I no when you go up on bore your compression runs lower, also the head gasket I pulled out wasn't o ring but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was supposed to be?
    Last edited by mcbrizzlesizzle; 11-18-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Ok so it would make since that its a vipper since it has a 85mm bore and I was trying to read what little I found and it said something about using the 550 electrical witch also would make sense since the ski came with like 3 550 eboxs.... But they both look the same to me so does anyone no how I can tell the difference I assumed it was just painted that color since the supper cylinders are all silverish color but there was a few motors the same color as the one I have

In the pictures I found for vipper the carbs mount to the lower end where as mine mounts to to the cylinders like the super cylinders do

The viper 9000 was a complete PJS motor that ran 85.00mm pistons, kawasaki 650 rods & crank on a viper 800 specifc crank case that used kawasaki 550 electronics and flywheel. The crank end was different than a stock kawi 650 to accept the 550 flywheel.

the complete running viper motor was 90hp and had 155psi compression.

Notice the reed cages are on the cylinder as apposed to the case since it was meant to be a complete setup.."Viper 9000" . I believe super cylinders did not have the reed cages on the cylinder.
    Last edited by zpilot; 11-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    1995 Kawasaki SC
    PJS Viper 9000 800cc 100HP
    PJS 650 Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    New Custom Jetinetics Flywheel/drilled ring gear
    Skat Track 12 Vein SS Magnum Pump
    10/18 Skat Track Swirl Impeller
    PJS Rip Turn Reduction/Turn Nozzle
    DG Intake Grate
    Reverse Eliminated
    50mph ski

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod
    PJS Exhaust...dual Bypass
    Skat 9/17 Big Hub Swirl
    2 Pump Wedges facing nozzle up
    UMI Bars

Blog Entries

ZPilot is correct... this is a Viper 9000 cylinder and is designed for a 650 stroke. Pistons are VERY rare because of the small 18mm wristpins. The true Supercylinders use the stock 750 cases and the porting is setup for a 750 stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by zpilot View Post
    The viper 9000 was a complete PJS motor that ran 85.00mm pistons, kawasaki 650 rods & crank on a viper 800 specifc crank case that used kawasaki 550 electronics and flywheel. The crank end was different than a stock kawi 650 to accept the 550 flywheel.

the complete running viper motor was 90hp and had 155psi compression.

Notice the reed cages are on the cylinder as apposed to the case since it was meant to be a complete setup.."Viper 9000" . I believe super cylinders did not have the reed cages on the cylinder.
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

Ok I noticed the viper looked complete however I couldn't find many good pics of it but wat I saw made it look opposite..... So that's wierd.... Is this better then super cylinders ? I was planning on using this as my race motor good idea bad Idea? Wats wierd tho is is was on a 650 bottom end, it had a lightened fly wheel and all 650 electronics..... So the original guy probably had the complete motor and just threw the jugs head and carberarors on a 650 bottom end?....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrizzlesizzle View Post
    Ok I noticed the viper looked complete however I couldn't find many good pics of it but wat I saw made it look opposite..... So that's wierd.... Is this better then super cylinders ? I was planning on using this as my race motor good idea bad Idea? Wats wierd tho is is was on a 650 bottom end, it had a lightened fly wheel and all 650 electronics..... So the original guy probably had the complete motor and just threw the jugs head and carberarors on a 650 bottom end?....
    Actually that is very common to use a 650 lower end.The Viper cases will hit a lot of hulls where the flywheel cover is. The crank is very rare as are the pistons. If your pistons aren't good... you should consider a SP 750 lower end. You can get 85 and 85.5mm pistons from Wiseco but that is it.If you go Big pin lower end you don't have any oversize options... or you can use Polaris Octane pistons with a big pin and get 85.25 pistons. The 750 lowerend will be essentually a 4mm stroker motor and will require some serious porting to get it to run correctly. It will also be a VERY high rpm power range... not the low-end you may want.... the exhaust port is just too high. Bottom line... if you don't have good original pistons for this cylinder... you will be looking at some SERIOUS $$$ to get it to run correctly...
    "Thanks" to Chris Newmiller @ Newmiller Machine

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Looks like a Viper to me also?? If thats the case, I don't think will be finding a rebuilt crank at SBT and replacement pistons are made from unobtainium.

Quote Originally Posted by zpilot View Post
    I dont think it's a super cylinder but a PJS viper 9000 top end like the one I'm running.
    Home of Newmiller Machine

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Here are some shots of the 750 Super Cylinder. This uses the 750 lower end and doesn't have the reeds in it.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Thanks to these companies for their great products and services.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information