User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

justinh_b

If you flip you waverunner........

Other then following the proper way to up right your waverunner, what are some other things you should do/check to make sure you don't damage your ski?

resident guru
    If its in the water you should be ok. If its off the back of a truck, you have problems.

The danger lies in getting a little bit of water in one cylinder. What happens is the other cylinder fires and then the water in the second cylinder has no where to go and you bend your rods. To see if you have alot of water in the cylinder without going to alot of trouble try this. Take off both spark plug leads and GROUND them, you should have a little metal tabs near the place where the spark plug leads come from. Then turn the engine over, if it turns over like normal, you dont have any water in the cylinders. If when you try to start it and the motor stops, then you have water in the cylinders and will need to pull the plugs to blow it out. When you do this you want to use a very short burst of the starter. If you want to be as safe as possible, then pull the sparkplugs before you do anything else. I assume your yamaha is a 2 stroke. If it's a four stroke then this system will not work.
    "Insert witty comment here"
    AWA member since 2003

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home puckoach's Avatar

flipping

Take your question to the appropriate "Brand" page.

Guys that own the same machine, and have had the problem, and know the entire solution, will chip in over there.

Had a friend's seat pop off and sink his craft once. Brand knowledge would have saved over an hour, and prevented all water from getting into the engine...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hangtime's Avatar
    If it's upside down for a long time then by all means
    you need to take out the plugs and check for water .

If it only is flipped for a few seconds then chances
    are its allright .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihop
    I have been involved in the marine industry for 14 years and know more about jet ski's than 95% of the people here and can probably ride better than most too .

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jetdude's Avatar

Re: flipping

Quote Originally Posted by puckoach
    Take your question to the appropriate "Brand" page.

Guys that own the same machine, and have had the problem, and know the entire solution, will chip in over there.

Had a friend's seat pop off and sink his craft once. Brand knowledge would have saved over an hour, and prevented all water from getting into the engine...
    Its a pretty basic question that could apply to all skis, it doesnt matter which brand.

If you flip it back upright, right away, then it should be just fin, check if there is any water in the hull and give it a crank, if it doesnt want to crank, or isnt cranking strong...quit trying, get a tow in, pull the plugs out and crank the water out of it
    --ALEX

Thread Information