Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Stern Split?

Stern Split?

Picked up a '94 Blaster. It's actually in good shape, except for mats and this split in the stern. The foam is not water soaked, and the jagged line is old paint. Anyone know if there's a trim piece that covers this area or do I need to do some hull repair.

Re: Stern Split?

Sorry couldn't get the pic to load. The split is an even 1/4" wide running full width between the hull bottom and top. Like it should have been bonded but wasn't. Thanks for any help.

pretty common for a blaster to do that. mine almost left me swimming when it happened. there are two schools of thought here. repair and reinforce the existing setup or chop the rear bumper off and never have it happen again.
    either way its a fair amount of work, but could be done in an afternoon if prepared. im sure there are a few threads here about how to do it.
    providing new and used parts & service to the pwc community for over 10 years.
    check out our feedback and buy with confidence!

PLEASE check out our facebook page and like us for updates and specials!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extree...50813671626944

We carry ADA, Blowsion, Solas, Protec, R&D,Thrust, Watercross of texas, RHAAS Products and more!

WE OFFER FULL MACHINE SHOP SERVICES!
    please pm us with your needs or email at extreemthrottle@yahoo.com.

www.extreemthrottle.com

Found some pics that showed missing stuff. Thanks for the help.

I had same problem. I had mine reinforced internally and externally by a fiberglass repair shop. They reinforced the inside through the top of the tray. Cracked externally on the first ride, but I think the internal reinforcement is still intact. Gonna repair the outside again with much heavier reinforcement. Thought about glassing in an angle bracket or rail for additional support. Has anyone tried this before?
    '84 JS440--w/550 engine, Custom Paint, Kerker Wetpipe, SuperTrapp, UMI Bars Turnplate & Trigger, OP Nozzle and Steering Nozzle
    '96 GTX
    '94 XP
    Trinity Epic X-2

Wow! I thought about reinforcing my blaster too, but im not sure where else to reinforce other than foot trays...sorry to hijack this thread for a bit...did u reinforce from inside? How did you/they access the locations?
    1994 wb1, 64x 760, ADA head, factory pipe, single sbn44.
    1991 X2, 650, WSM top end kit, WF head ep7030 domes, factory pipe, single sbn44.

Quote Originally Posted by Gab3 View Post
    Wow! I thought about reinforcing my blaster too, but im not sure where else to reinforce other than foot trays...sorry to hijack this thread for a bit...did u reinforce from inside? How did you/they access the locations?
    My fiberglass guy went in through the tray. He removed a section, reinforced the inside, then replaced the section.
    '84 JS440--w/550 engine, Custom Paint, Kerker Wetpipe, SuperTrapp, UMI Bars Turnplate & Trigger, OP Nozzle and Steering Nozzle
    '96 GTX
    '94 XP
    Trinity Epic X-2

its always been a week point on the blaster.
    but the key to making it a successful repair is to make sure the area is sanded down to the glass and prepped properly. if the exterior of the repair came off on the first ride, he did not do a good job of prepping it and i would be conserned about the rest of it.

i took the rear rail off my blaster completely. never have to worry about it breaking again. did it over 4 years ago and really like the way it ride now too. its a little bit looser in the rear, but so much easier to side mount!
    providing new and used parts & service to the pwc community for over 10 years.
    check out our feedback and buy with confidence!

PLEASE check out our facebook page and like us for updates and specials!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extree...50813671626944

We carry ADA, Blowsion, Solas, Protec, R&D,Thrust, Watercross of texas, RHAAS Products and more!

WE OFFER FULL MACHINE SHOP SERVICES!
    please pm us with your needs or email at extreemthrottle@yahoo.com.

www.extreemthrottle.com

Thread Information