• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christheroofer
    PWCToday Guru
    • Aug 2012

Am I crazy?

I just got into the pwc world this year, and let me tell you I am hooked. My 4yr old daughter also cant get enough. She was scared the first time i took her out it was on the wr500 not too fast. She did not want to go with me, but i put her on anyway. I tried coming in to let her off guess what she did not want off. I then bought 3 more skis. I got a great deal on a upgraded 95 sea doo sp with a 720 in it. Started taking her out on that and she loves when it's wot likes just crusing too. If there is nothing around i'll let her steer and use the throttle. She loves it. Now for the next thing i can put my stand up (nothing special just a js440) in shallow water and she will stand up grab the handle bars and balance very well. So....... I ask am I crazy for brining her with and wanting her to learn to ride the stand up the end of next season? Some guys I've talked to have 4-5 year olds and still wont take them out. When she comes with me I put my legs over hers and hold her life jacket straps. Never when it's rough out either. Now my defination of rough is also different than many of the guys I talk to also, But I also feel that she shouldn't be held back from fearing it the sooner she is ready to go the better right?
    IL jet riders member #4
    97 xp
  • MyDixieWreckedX2
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Jan 2012

Re: Am I crazy?

I don't have any kids yet but I don't believe there is "too young". If she likes it and wants to ride then let her! I think that would be a really cool thing to have in common with her as she grows up.

I had a electric quad before I could walk and gradually moved up from there. There's a lot of 5 year olds racing little 50 dirtbikes so why not a ski?
    Originally posted by whazguude
    Next time, either post up dumb comments that mean nothing like I do, important info, or, best of all, just SHUT UP!

Comment

• J552000
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Sep 2010

I started taking both my daughter's on the skis at 10mths old and they loved, my oldest daughter has a pic of her at 1yr old riding and that is one of prized pessessions. My oldest daughter is 12 rides a super jet and my youngest 9 rides a x-2. They stay near the dock and go straight for it if the see any boat's coming there way, mostly ride during the week cause the lake is crazy on the weekends. Have fun now the grow up quick.

Comment

• christheroofer
        PWCToday Guru
        • Aug 2012

Yes they do. Thanks guys this does make me feel better about it. Not that i ever felt wrong about it kind of was just curious if anyone else was starting this early. Don't get me wrong if i had the skis before this she would have been out with me then. I just hear a lot of people not wanting their 5-6 year old out with them. Gotta let the birds fly sometime.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
        IL jet riders member #4
        97 xp

Comment

• christheroofer
          PWCToday Guru
          • Aug 2012

So it just hit me like a ton of bricks i thought of an idea to use a couple of small pontoons or something along thoes lines to make "traning" floats on the js440 that can be adjusted as she gets better. Has anyone tried anything like this?
          IL jet riders member #4
          97 xp

Comment

• srh967
            Top Dog
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by christheroofer View Post
            So it just hit me like a ton of bricks i thought of an idea to use a couple of small pontoons or something along thoes lines to make "traning" floats on the js440 that can be adjusted as she gets better. Has anyone tried anything like this?
            They made them for the Kawasaki skis, there is atleast one member here that uses them. Post a WTB add in the Kawi section, you'll find a set.
            sigpic

Comment

• MyDixieWreckedX2
              • Jan 2012

The x2 floats come up For Sale every once in a while. Sometimes they sell For a lot and sometimes can't be given away
              Originally posted by whazguude
              Next time, either post up dumb comments that mean nothing like I do, important info, or, best of all, just SHUT UP!

Comment

• mavrick816
                Top Dog
                • May 2007

Too bad you aren't closer to Northern California - We have a junior kids time trials and junior racer camp during our race season. Check out www.DiabloJSA.com or DJSARacing on Facebook.

Check out http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23991590 and the other set of videos for our juniors. We have kids running time trials and in some instances have 1 or 2 safety crew following them to make sure they're ok. I believe the youngest is 4 years old.
                DJSA 2016 Racing Season Live http://www.DJSARacing.com
                First in PWC Live Streaming since 2010!!
                Looking to Livestream your event? go to -> http://www.Livestreaming247.com

Thanks to my sponsors:
                SunWindFire.com
                www.LiveStreaming247.com

Comment

• 10mm
                  • Apr 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	4277544
                  Last edited by 10mm; 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• christheroofer
                    PWCToday Guru
                    • Aug 2012

Love the links that is great. The daughter was watching with me and i think she is more stoked than I am. Wish i had the camera with me could have had some pics like that. She'll do the same free floating in the water.
                    Last edited by christheroofer; 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM.
                    IL jet riders member #4
                    97 xp

Comment

• 10mm
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by christheroofer View Post
                      Love the links that is great. The daughter was watching with me and i think she is more stoked than I am. Wish i had the camera with me could have had some pics like that. She'll do the same free floating in the water.
                      He will have a sick ski by 12. It's great to get the kids involved. I let him float on it but I would not let him ride. No way. He was 3 in the pic. Turns 4 tomorrow so he has a few years b4 I let him brap it alone. lol

Comment

• 10mm
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by srh967 View Post
                        They made them for the Kawasaki skis, there is atleast one member here that uses them. Post a WTB add in the Kawi section, you'll find a set.

The "wedge"

Comment

• christheroofer
                          PWCToday Guru
                          • Aug 2012

Well Happy Birthday to him. A wedge with some floats. I think may be pushing it, but i guess it's just kind of her attitude towards it. When i let her drive on the sea doo she is very cautious and takes it easy. So we will see where it goes. This is why I started this thread to get ideas and see where everyone else stands and how thery feel about their kids riding.
                          Last edited by christheroofer; 10-08-2012, 10:32 PM.
                          IL jet riders member #4
                          97 xp

Comment

• 550/440
                            • Jan 2009

I let my kids ride as soon as they would control the ski on their own. They were both out on sit downs with me at 2, and my son started grabbing the controls and driving at 6, my daughter at 4 (had to keep up with big brother)! Now at 12 and 9, they both like to ride my 550 (it is theirs now), and my son says he'll ride the Q8 if I can slow it down... lol. I tell him it's all about throttle control, but he still won't rip it. Maybe this spring!
                            "needs carb work" is a classic excuse for I don't know wtf is wrong!

2009 EME Q8, 1100 ADA WB1 with MRD. 2004 BLOWSION RN SJ.

Big thanks to Newmiller Machine in Oregon for the great work! (Mcn6 on PWCtoday)

Comment

• boostedegos
                              Top Dog
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by 10mm View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]366708[/ATTACH]
                              Sweet graphics JB and Happy Birthday to your little guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X