Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Polaris MSX 150 - IFB

Anyone know how to bypass the IFB on MSX 150? Just got the ski an it wont rev above 3400.. Cant find anywhere online with one for sale either!

Re: Polaris MSX 150 - IFB

I realize this is an old post... but in-case others stumble across this wondering the same...

The System Interface Bus (SIFB)... is a part no longer available from Polaris. And it's a pretty scarce part. Current options are to get one off a parted-out ski... but they are usually the first part sold... so gotta be quick.

Unfortunately, it is one of the semi-common electronics failure points on the Bosch system on the Weber engine in the MSX 110 and MSX 150. The SIFB controls powering-down the ECU after stopping the engine... it also powers-down the system in the event you leave the lanyard plugged in (so you don't drain the battery)... and it also signals the ECU to limit RPMs when reverse is engaged. This is why you commonly see failure of this SIFB as a rev limit of 3400... the limit for RPMs in reverse.

Good news is that Randy at WeberPower (dot com) is testing a prototype of a replacement for this part. Let's hope it tests out.

Cheers!

PWCToday Newbie

Cheap fix,
    1 buy a 12 volt car relay about $5
    2 Wire one side of the relay to the purple lead going into the SIFB. Bridge onto the lead, it is the trigger lead from the tether switch.
    3 Wire other side of relay to Ground
    4 Going into the SIFB cut the white blue wire and wire one half to a make contact on the relay and the other half to the other make contact.
    With the lanyard in the relay operates and completes the white blue lead circuit to the ECU.
    This fixes the can't stop issues, you can stop pulling the lanyard out or hitting the stop button.
    Only hitch is power is being drawnif lanyard is left in.

The reverse limit to 3400rpm still works fine with this $5 fix.

Good luck hope it helps

PWCToday Newbie

I hade the same problem with my MSX 110. Find the SIFB mod. (2510507) remove it and run a jumper between the White/Blue and the purple wire. That it, your done. You don't need a relay, the lanyard is the make/break in the circuit. It worked for me. Don't forget to remove the lanyard when your done. If you don't remove it the battery will run down.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks. I ended up doing the same thing, when I got a closer look at the schematic I realized no need for a relay.
    Tight area to work in!

PWCToday Newbie

[QUOTE=toughie;4320530]Thanks. I ended up doing the same thing, when I got a closer look at the schematic I realized no need for a relay.
    Tight area to work in! Yes it is a little tight, but if you feel behind the comp. the wire bundle in on a hanger. Just undue the hanger, it will give you more room.

PWCToday Newbie

Yes it is a little tight, but if you feel behind the comp. the wire bundle is on a hanger. Just undue the hanger, it will give you more room.

PWCToday Newbie

The jumper fix (white/blue to purple) Is the answer to the problem. However the fix does not limit the RPM in reverse. Just go slow in rev.

Thanks for sharing the SIFB bypass trick. Definitely useful for troubleshooting.

The OEM SIFB in addition to reverse rev limiting also has an auto-powerdown feature where after ~2mins with the engine OFF and the lanyard still IN... it will power down the system so as to not drain the battery.

There now exists an aftermarket SIFB (called BT-5033) which can be had from WeberPower. This does handle reverse rev-limiting as the original, but removes the auto-powerdown feature so be sure to pull your lanyard.

Cheers!

Frequent Poster

Can anyone tell me where this module is located? I am new to Polaris skis.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    '00 Sea Doo RX
    '96 Sea Doo Challenger
    '96 Sea Doo GTX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information