User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Kawasaki 750 SP jetting specs

Mr. Bill:

I searched and read a bunch of posts on this site on the topic of jetting carbs and the one thing that I find time after time is that what works for others doesn't seem to work for me. I'm presently setting up a set of 44 SBN's with Ocean Pro flame arrestors on a R&D intake manifold for a Kawasaki 750 SP motor in an X2.

The set up is 750 bored 50 over ,motor has freestyle port work by Chris Newmiller, ADA head with 28cc domes (180 psi),jetlyne exhaust manifold, Coffman pipe, bad bones water box, MSD multi channel total loss, SXR prop cut to fit the 650 pump and repitched to 10/18, TBM pump stuffer and PJS Rip turn nozzle.

The problem I find is that usually what works for others (or what they claim works) is way too rich by several jet sizes from what I find to actually work well for me. Most of the posts are from member up north. Is there a major difference to what works well in say Conneticut versus Florida? I'm in Florida.

For a similar set up to mine I have been told that I should run 115 pilot 120 main with a pop off of 21. The carbs I'm about to install supposedly ran very well on a small pin 750 but are currently jetted at 110 pilot 100 main. I'm not sure what pop off. I haven't measured it yet but I usually shoot for about 25 on SBN's with aftermarket FAs. Anyway I would appreciate your input for the jetting and pop off on standard SBN 44's on my set up.

An additional question (actually 2) how much jetting differnce would you expect to see on the same ski when switching from standard SBN 44's to Buckshot 44's? or Red Top 44's. That is what I'm running on my other two ski's.

Thank You in advance for your valuable time.
    90 X2 (750), 92 X2 (750), 93 X2 (750),93 X2 (750), 99 Ultra 150

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

Re: Kawasaki 750 SP jetting specs

I think the starting place for jetting if the two 44's are silver should be 120 LS jet, 140 HSJ, 2.5 N&S, 80 gram springs, with LS Adjusters at 1.0 and H.S. Adjusters at 1.5

I have no idea if this jetting is going to work for you, but this is the orginal Mikuni jet specs for dual silver 44's without chokes as delivered new from Mikuni USA. From this point on, it is up to you to figure out where the carbs are too rich or too lean, high speed circuit or low speed circuit ? Or, Both high and low ?

Your manifold pressures are very low with dual 44's, so they put 2.5's with 80 gr springs in the carbs for a pop off pressure at 14 psi.

Northern states jetting will only be the same as Southern states jetting when altitude and atmospheric conditions are similar because carbureators have no idea what state they are being used in.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Bill:

I'm not sure what color they were. They have been powder coated black. I'm not sure if it's a facotry job or someone did it after purchase. If it has a factory primer fitting and no choke is it an original silver?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

No, I have seen black Mikuni's with no choke and primer fitting.
    The only difference if it was not an orginal Mikuni USA Aftermarket Silver carb is the jetting if it has the primer fittings, so it really does not matter. What you look for with 44's and 46's is 4 air filter adapter bolt holes on top of the carbs.

At one time, Mikuni USA made Red Carbs for Westcoast Performance Products. They were the black 38's, 44's and 46's with W.P.P. jetting specs, but painted red before Mikuni USA sent them to W.P.P.

They had WPP kits for Kawasaki, Yamaha and Sea Doo watercraft, single carb and dual carb setups. If you saw red carbs you knew they were from Westcoast.

Most of the aftermarket MikuniUSA carbs were silver, but a few did come black too.

OEM Mikuni's come from Japan straight to the pwc manufactures, while Mikuni USA had their own Mikuni's coming from Japan without chokes. Those are the silver 44-46mm carbs. They also had black 38's with 3 bolt holes for filter adapters.

All were SBN models, not BNI series.
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 09-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

good to know thanks. Mine have the 4 holes on top and the primer fitting

Thread Information