Thank you for the video.
    87 Kawasaki 550JS
    88 Kawasaki 550JS

91 Yamaha 650 SN Superjet
    My Favorite most awesome seller!:

PrickofMisery

Re: 550 rev limiter disconnection

Quote Originally Posted by the WaTeRhAwK View Post
    you can use the .030 banjo screw with the head cut off of it from an old BN 38 carb, just cut it in half right in the midle of the fuel eye in the side just above the threads under the hex-head, use the slot in the top where you cut it with a flatbalde screwdriver and thread the thing down into your return line.
    pulling a motor from a 84 550 with a 38 since everyone talks about using the "banjo screw" from a 38 to restrict other carbs just makin sure i can just unplug/remove the rev limiter and run a line from the carb back to the tank? dont need to add any inline restrictor correct ? why would they do both?

EDIT: answered my own question ... post #4 on this thread, earlier ski's that didn't come with a rev limiter and had a 38 will have the right size banjo screw. once they started adding limiters the size is different so you cant use the banjo screw off of any 38, off to the hardware store for some welding tips .030

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...ighlight=banjo
    Last edited by blue_h20_; 04-29-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Bump for helpful thread on my 1992 550SX build.

Quote Originally Posted by feedthafire View Post
    ok guys.... so my mom gave me a js550 she used to race.... im a diesel mechanic so this is new for me... heres what ive found about her ski, it has the BN44 but apparently before i was born she had this mod done because there is a restrictor in the return line i will post pics to help you guys out... but where im confused it the limiter is still in place and hooked up.... now that i have a inline restrictor im getting rid of it because if a jetski wants to run off regardless it will do so. i want to make a proper thread and how to for limiter removal but this one has lots of good info.....

so correct me if im wrong from what ive gathered since i have this restrictor i can eliminate the limiter, just run the hose from there straight to the tank.????

BUMP for the coolest mom ever. (and for helping me safely remove the rev box from ebox)
    1990 550sx 190/190 ALL the goodies. GPS 46 mph
    build thread: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=411914

"I feel like I wasted my childhood by buying a dirt bike instead of a standup jet ski and besides, there were no hot girls in bikinis in the woods behind my house." -- flgliderpilot

PWCToday Newbie

i got deployed i havnt been able to make a better video, but have people had success with my video?My engine started up awesome i love it! But i havnt got to ride it yet only started on trailer.... ;(

PWCToday Guru

i got deployed i havnt been able to make a better video, but have people had success with my video?My engine started up awesome i love it! But i havnt got to ride it yet only started on trailer.... ;(
    Yes, video is great. Anyone with a PP engine should just watch that instead of asking for pics.

It was a great video and helped me out a lot. Only thing I would add would be what exactly is a fuel restrictor, I ended up using a .30 mig welder tip.
    87 Kawasaki 550JS
    88 Kawasaki 550JS

91 Yamaha 650 SN Superjet
    My Favorite most awesome seller!:

PrickofMisery

just use a welding tips
    1990 550 SX op finned rideplate pjs top loader skat 15.5 bored nozzle, pjs factory halfpipe, jetsport head with custom 22.5 cc domes.

90 waverunner lx stock 500cc couch

Although this thread is a bit dated, the info is still very good. Using a .030 pill in place of the Rev Limiter creates the right amount of fuel back pressure needed to maintain high RPMs without fuel fall off, stalling or seizing a fuel starved engine. After building another 550 this winter I deleted the entire Rev Limiter system, ran one main fuel line to the carb through the stock water separator/filter (no reserve, no primer or dash valve) and placed the .030 jet (pill) in the return line to the tank. When doing this mod, also check your vent valve that extends up the handle pole. It should be mounted in line with the arrow pointed to the tank and should only allow air to flow ONE way.

Ok so can someone please clarify what the heck the rev limiter in a 91 550sx looks like, what wires need to be cut to disable this, and also can I just take the whole box and dice out???? This would be bloody great if I could as I want to put a Dyna Core coil in and there is no room in the ebox currently, but I reckon there will be if I can get rid of the limiter. Thanks heaps guys much appreciated. Matt
    88 300sx/750sxi Conversion (under Construction)
    91 550sx
    91 550sx
    92 650sx
    92 650sx/750sxi Conversion
    94 X2
    96 ZXI 1100
    06 SXR 1100 conversion (under construction)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information