» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home MyDixieWreckedX2's Avatar

Re: Fantasy football

How many more do we need?
    Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    Next time, either post up dumb comments that mean nothing like I do, important info, or, best of all, just SHUT UP!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

1-3 more, i've gotten several responses, all agreed with $20 and all like PPR,
    i was out of town moving daughter into her college apt,,,, so tonight i'll sort thru the emails and get all the invites out, and i'll have a headcount by monday morning.
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

Headcount completed, we have 7 invites, i've expanded league to 10 from 8, we need 3 more, if we get hung up, i'll drop it back to 8.
    added .5 ppr, also added .1 per rush (minimal impact and helps eliminate ties) i might tweak the scoring slightly after i've had a chance to review it more carefully, i originally selected default performance scoring when i did the league reset, but I won't get crazy, i've done this b4 (i've probably commished a total of 20 leagues over a 15 yr span.

I understand scoring systems, but want to make sure its balanced & fair.

This will be for 20 clams so if thats an issue, let me know if you want to back out, its the only way to be sure players won't just quit and stop entering lineups. if someone does up and quit, i have no problem finding a replacement/co owner to make roster adjustments. I won't and have never tolerated collusion so don't worry about that, 4 teams can override a trade but honestly a bad trade is pretty easy to spot, i don't expect any issues.

Bottom line, spread the word, we need 3 players, i've recruited 4 and expect them to commit, and I have a 5th, and a 6th that are likely to join, (posted a message on another forum) In a pinch I have two buddies in different leagues and can have them recruit one player or so, so I can dig deeper if I must but i'm fairly tapped out on sure things as far as recruits. I'll also review the members that played in the pwc league back in 2008, 2009 and pass the word to them tomorrow once I dig up the old email addresses, or PM them.

I'll be happy to be treasurer if necessary, can do paypal, check, M.O., whatever, we're only talking 200 bananas so its not a big deal.

For the record, as much as it pains me to say it... Stand Up is 2-0 over Couch, so its time for the seats to get their game on !

Recruit your buddy, co worker, neighbor, ride buddy, find me a player or two and we'll get this thing set ! if you have somebody you can get to play, just PM me his/her name, and email addy, and i'll ship out an invite. They will need to create an ESPN user account to join.
    Last edited by Spim; 08-19-2012 at 01:17 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home iangdesign's Avatar

I know nothing about Fantasy Football and have been looking for a league to join...if you guys will have a rook, count me in. I have a buddy who is really into it so he has offered to help me out if I find a league.

PM me info Tim.
    Last edited by iangdesign; 08-19-2012 at 01:50 AM.

You are not acting like the person Mr. Rogers knew you could be...

701 SN SJ - Spider Square

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home ChadGnarly's Avatar
    If it was a yahoo league id be in, i can juggle to teams but not 2 different websites

93 GTx-2 True Performance 1105 by Erik Brigham
    www.RadDudesFI.com
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/raddudesfreestyleinnovations

Quote Originally Posted by iangdesign View Post
    I know nothing about Fantasy Football and have been looking for a league to join...if you guys will have a rook, count me in. I have a buddy who is really into it so he has offered to help me out if I find a league.

PM me info Tim.
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by ChadGnarly View Post
    If it was a yahoo league id be in, i can juggle to teams but not 2 different websites
    completely understand, one of the reason's i've turned down league's before is because I didn't want to juggle websites. Yahoo is an excellent site btw.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hellcat66's Avatar

i would be in boys, but i think 3 leagues is enough and i would not want be the guy who never sets his roster and half asses...my other leagues are $200-300 each and i will be focusing on them...and you gotta do a PPR setup.

As of right now we have 8 confirmed players, all accepted invite.
    two invites outstanding, if both accept, we'll have 10.
    I have 1 alternate right now and just sent a PM on that...
    if we get 1 more player to commit, we can expand to 12 and stop right there.
    IF we expand to 12 i'll drop the Flex position, if we stay at 10, i'll keep flex.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home MyDixieWreckedX2's Avatar

What does the flex mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    Next time, either post up dumb comments that mean nothing like I do, important info, or, best of all, just SHUT UP!

flex means you have 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex (of any of those three positions) so if your strong at RB you can start 3, etc etc..

it will be fairly self explanatory if you go to the league page.

if we have 10 teams, the flex position makes sense since there are plenty of players out there, if we end up at 12 teams, then IMO its not necessary, it will thin out the talent pool a little bit too much, and since the bulk of us are not seasoned fantasy veterans It will make it difficult to find good players to fill that starting slot especially during the bye weeks. I've been out of the loop for 3 yrs i can't even list 10 starting QB's right now so I need to get up to speed time to go hunting for a cheat sheet !

Update: !!!

We have 10 filled right now, and 1 alternate. if we get 1 more player in the next 48 hours i'll expand to 12 teams, if not i'll lock it in at 10 teams.
    Last edited by Spim; 08-20-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information