Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Best Ignition for SXR 800?

Thanks for your help Johnny your a legend. I run 98 octane pump gas so based on this curve 1 or 2 does look the best. If you could email me a copy of the actual curve mapping that would be great. unknownvision@westnet.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Advent in all my 800s
    Hey bro,
    What curve do you recommend?? Ou have a favorite.
    Looking for best pump gas curve? Thans
    2010SXR, OP vortex air cleaners,V-Force3,Reed spacer, port matched intake with crossover epoxied,Ada head 24cc domes, porting by Kevin@westcoast, timing advance,Factory DryPipe,TDR waterbox,Blackjacks,Jenetics flywheel,Dual cooling,Flowvalve,TBM intake/ride plate,TBM sponsons, Deystroyer tubbies,R&D afterburner pump mod,pump stuffers,bored nozzle,Solas dynafly,13/20 -5 setback.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Keep in mind that there is a different octane rating system in Australia and most of Europe than in the U.S. Do a Google search, but basically, your 98 octane is roughly equivalent to our 93.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsig58 View Post
    Thanks for your help Johnny your a legend. I run 98 octane pump gas so based on this curve 1 or 2 does look the best. If you could email me a copy of the actual curve mapping that would be great. unknownvision@westnet.com.au

Home of Newmiller Machine

I have been told from Kommander that curve 3 will be usable with "BP Ultimate 98 pump gas". Maybe I could get the selector switch and run curve 2 with "BP Ultimate 98 pump gas" while practicing and use either curve 3-4 on race day with race gas.

I did email Advent to see what they said and got a reply form Steve Webster. He asked if my ignition was curveset D4 or D14. I replied with D4 but never got an answer back as yet.

Has anyone got details of what the standard SXR curve looks like?

I need help..

I am trying to get the cover back on my electrical box and the tabs on the advent are getting in the way.. The two brass washers that go under the metal plate do you remove these? Do i put smaller washers in to get the clearance? Can one of you guys give me some advice what you have done to install the advent? The instructions are **** house.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Remove the brass spacers and the plate.

I have one of those external switches for sale if you need, not sure what shipping to Perth would be
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

It was doing my Head-In so I unplugged it and took it to the bench grinder. haha

Took the two brass washers out put in some slim stainless washers.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

As a precaution, leave nothing to chance. Myself and NASA engineers have always insulated any bare wires in our Hydrospace standup skis electrical box with thin bike inner tube rubber. (Reason)~~> To avoid chafing thru electrical wires due to vibration against metal. Apply Dielectric grease to all the contacts slightly to insure good contact and deter oxidation and oscillation of electrical energy flow. Water proof grease to the o ring gasket on electrical box before assembly. and use water proof grease on the screws before assembly to avoid galvanic corrosion, be sure electrical box is grounded.
    Last edited by sxr951; 08-02-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoesBiggest View Post
    Hey bro,
    What curve do you recommend?? Ou have a favorite.
    Looking for best pump gas curve? Thans
    The first two in the D4 curveset are good, they are SXR-1 and SXR-2. I have been using the SXi-21 and SXi-22 in my race skis at a lowered compression (165) on pump gas. If you are looking for a good all-around curve use the SXi-10 on 91 octane, VERY safe but more agressive than the stock curve. Hope that helps.
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....

If that ignition is sitting on top of those bolt heads (looks that way in the picture) and not flat on the plate, it will fail. The bolt heads will eat their way right thru the ignition case via vibration...you will open it up later and there will be a nice coating of fine black dust in there it should not be pressed against the side of the e-box either, the same thing will happen, vibration and contact act just like sandpaper.

I think a better method would be to get some wide velcro strips that have the adhesive and velcro it to the plate instead of using the zip ties. But either way you have to get it off the bolt heads first and then secured to the plate in a more permanent fashion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information