• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetSkiWebSites
    PWCToday Regular
    • Oct 2010

North Point Marina JetSki Practice Track - Buoys - Winthrop Harbor, IL

Hey guys going to be setting up buoys often to the south of the North Point Marina launch. If you haven't been there as your riding out into Lake Michigan in the no wake zone you travel south once your out into the lake about a 1,000 feet around the break-wall and into the "cove" beach area. 7-10 buoys will be setup and prefer standups but everyone is welcome. If you are familiar with the marina you also know you can turn right when entering the marina and drive all the way to the beach (dead ends) instead of going left to the boat launch. By going right and straight to the beach you can park and it would be possible to launch there using a beach cart but coming back up the hill would be tough but with a few guys it shouldn't be a problem. Invite some friends and come shred!

Here is a video from Racine National it was a blast and maybe some motovation for you to come on out!

Racine National 2012

Give me a call if you need directions or have questions. Please bring a helmet.

Mike Wendricks
    847-366-3130
    Last edited by JetSkiWebSites; 07-11-2012, 01:32 PM.
    www.jetskiwebsites.com | www.mikewendricks.com | www.wendricksrealestate.com

SXR 800 | SXR 1100 - Water / KX 450F - Dirt / Road Warrior - Street / Trek Session 7 - Downhill / Trek 2100 - Cycle

• #2 Unapproved
    Re: North Point Marina Buoy Practice Thread - Winthrop Harbor, IL

Just a FYI, the beach North of the launch is open to PWC again.
    Also, it is beach cart freindly.
    As I pushed my broke down bucket of bolts to the trailer from there!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
      PWCToday Regular
      • Oct 2010

Next ride day is Friday, July 13th at 3PM

SXR 800 | SXR 1100 - Water / KX 450F - Dirt / Road Warrior - Street / Trek Session 7 - Downhill / Trek 2100 - Cycle

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
        PWCToday Regular
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by upstand2 View Post
        Just a FYI, the beach North of the launch is open to PWC again.
        Also, it is beach cart freindly.
        As I pushed my broke down bucket of bolts to the trailer from there!
        I would love to launch there I just don't know being its so close to the coast guard station if they would bother us so I'd prefer the cove to help eliminate the headaches.

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
          PWCToday Regular
          • Oct 2010

North Point Marina
          701 N Point Dr
          Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

Click image for larger version

Name:	north-point-marina.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	4272329

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
            PWCToday Regular
            • Oct 2010

Hope to see some guys there today at 3pm, Wave Report shows 1ft or less so should be a PRIME day! Come Shred!
            Last edited by JetSkiWebSites; 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• hoffmanestates
              I dream skis
              • Sep 2011

I have never been.on.Michigan as a wave runner how would I prepare and what.will I expect?

Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

Comment

• #8 Unapproved

Depends alot on the weather. This time of year, clear water, sand gravel beaches and hot polish chicks.

End of August on is prime time IMO. Lots of 4'-6' waves with a few 10' days.

Just be legal if you go on the weekend, because there is a good chance you may get stopped for a safety check.

Every law enforcment is there on the weekend, Coast Guard,DNR,Winthrop Harbor P.D. sometimes the Sherrif.

Weekdays there will only be one Community Service Officer.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
                  PWCToday Regular
                  • Oct 2010

You guys missed an awesome day today! Hope to see everyone out again soon. Next buoy day is Monday, July 16th around 2pm Then off to the last 3 rounds of the IJSBA Nationals so we won't setup buoys again until last week of August. Let me know if you can make it!

Name:	illinois-stand-up-jet-skis.jpg
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	4272474

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Oct 2010

Time change, 5pm Monday 7/16, come put in some laps!

Comment

• hoffmanestates
                      I dream skis
                      • Sep 2011

front hitch on that cargo?

Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
                        PWCToday Regular
                        • Oct 2010

Yup works like a charm and you can still have access to the back of the van that way and pull a trailer if necessary.

Comment

• rhugo21
                          Top Dog
                          • Jul 2010

i'll be coming to visit my family up there for a week, count me in if you guys ride buoys I'll be up there either next saturday or tuesday and am staying for a week. I live 15 mins from winthrop
                          Oside Crew

Comment

• JetSkiWebSites
                            PWCToday Regular
                            • Oct 2010

If I get another ski to rip for the next month I'll be out there as mine is going on the road for the next 3 uwp ijsba nationals so I won't be back to North Point until the 3rd week of August, flying to Colonial Beach, VA this weekend. To bad you weren't in town today the lake was MINT!

Name:	illinois-jet-ski-racing.jpg
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	4272603

Name:	winthrop-harbor-jet-ski.jpg
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	4272604

Name:	wisconsin-jet-ski-racing.jpg
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	4272605

Comment

• rhugo21
                              Top Dog
                              • Jul 2010

My God...that looks perfect for buoys! last time I was there...there were 5-6 footers great surf day on the ski. Good luck at Nationals this weekend! there's a chance I might be staying until august 7th but that is unknown yet.
                              Oside Crew

Comment

Working...
                              X