Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: North Point Marina Buoy Practice Thread - Winthrop Harbor, IL

Quote Originally Posted by mxwebsites View Post
    Hey guys going to be setting up buoys often to the south of the North Point Marina launch. If you haven't been there as your riding out into Lake Michigan in the no wake zone you travel south once your out into the lake about a 1,000 feet around the break-wall and into the "cove" beach area. 7-10 buoys will be setup and prefer standups but everyone is welcome. If you are familiar with the marina you also know you can turn right when entering the marina and drive all the way to the beach (dead ends) instead of going left to the boat launch. By going right and straight to the beach you can park and it would be possible to launch there using a beach cart but coming back up the hill would be tough but with a few guys it shouldn't be a problem. Invite some friends and come shred!

Here is a video from Racine National it was a blast and maybe some motovation for you to come on out!

Racine National 2012
    http://youtu.be/wmE2g9q-u1U

Give me a call if you need directions or have questions. Please bring a helmet.

Mike Wendricks
    847-366-3130
    I wish i would have seen this thread earlier. I would definitely be down for some practice on lake michigan. My first race and first time on lake michigan were at the racine race this year.
    Heres a couple of gopro videos from moto 2 and moto 3
    There is some footage of you in front of me for awhile. There were a couple of close calls in the second moto. I almost hit you when you were falling haha
    Moto 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYU5vyzB-xQ&feature=plcp

Moto 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2edw...re=context-cha
    2008 Kawasaki 800 SXR - Stock Spec #27
    2007 Kawasaki SXR 1100 -Open #27
    http://www.ipdracing.com/
    http://www.optimaracing.com/
    2013 Great Lakes Watercross Novice Ski stock and GP Champion

I must say a lot.of endurance and stamina. something I lack on my couch

G2X tapaTalk

PWCToday Regular JetSkiWebSites's Avatar

rhugo there is an old breakwall under water and yes some of them are actually just a few feet under the water its NOT marked and I told the DNR about it but no one has marked them off.

Good riding Jeff, just got a chance to watch the videos, my 1st race as well and definitely made some rookie mistakes. You should consider coming to the Charleston, WV National this weekend August 18-19 and there is a Canadian National August 25-26 that's just across the Michigan border maybe 6 1/2 hour drive from us the following weekend.

Looking to setup buoys maybe on 8/22 @ 4:30pm I'll keep everyone posted.
    www.jetskiwebsites.com | www.mikewendricks.com | www.wendricksrealestate.com

SXR 800 | SXR 1100 - Water / KX 450F - Dirt / Road Warrior - Street / Trek Session 7 - Downhill / Trek 2100 - Cycle

rhugo there is an old breakwall under water and yes some of them are actually just a few feet under the water its NOT marked and I told the DNR about it but no one has marked them off.

Good riding Jeff, just got a chance to watch the videos, my 1st race as well and definitely made some rookie mistakes. You should consider coming to the Charleston, WV National this weekend August 18-19 and there is a Canadian National August 25-26 that's just across the Michigan border maybe 6 1/2 hour drive from us the following weekend.

I'm not going to make it to Charleston, but I am planning on going to the sarnia ontario race on the 25th and 26th.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jeff 650sx; 08-13-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    2008 Kawasaki 800 SXR - Stock Spec #27
    2007 Kawasaki SXR 1100 -Open #27
    http://www.ipdracing.com/
    http://www.optimaracing.com/
    2013 Great Lakes Watercross Novice Ski stock and GP Champion

dude I'm.gonna be in WV hopefully this weekend. g.f has family out in that area.... so ill stop on by

G2X tapaTalk

these break.walls are not cool what about coast guard?

G2X tapaTalk

next year count me in. I need to practice on the lake so bad. any kind of rolling waves kill me when I have no experience with them

Going to be setting up buoys once again at North Point Marina, will be out 3x a week once she warms up! Hopefully setting up mid May after Vegas SX, if you want to join PM me. Standups preferred but couches are ok as we need rough water to train.

Mike

SXR 800 | SXR 1100 - Water / KX 450F - Dirt / Road Warrior - Street / Trek Session 7 - Downhill / Trek 2100 - Cycle

Keep the PMs coming need more riders this summer! Hopefully heading out next week!

************* BUOYS THIS YEAR WILL BE IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT LOCATION SO IF YOU PLAN TO COME OUT AND SHRED JUST PM ME FOR DETAILS AS THE MAP I POSTED LAST YEAR IS NOT THE SAME LOCATION FOR THE BUOYS THIS YEAR BUT THEY WILL BE CLOSE BY ************
    Last edited by JetSkiWebSites; 05-12-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhugo21 View Post
    i'll be coming to visit my family up there for a week, count me in if you guys ride buoys I'll be up there either next saturday or tuesday and am staying for a week. I live 15 mins from winthrop
    You in for this summer? Round up some more guys its almost go time!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information