• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 83Gator
    Frequent Poster
    • Mar 2010

Where to Ride!

Hey guys & gals,

The site is now up to seven states and has 27 diff. trails for over 1600 miles - find one near you! And I'll gladly take any submission for any state/area/trail worth riding. I'm always looking for new stuff. Click the link in my sig. below...
    sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new
    trails every week with miles of water worth exploring -check us out today!

• bill321
    PWCToday Regular
    • Jun 2012

Re: Where to Ride!

Great idea, I hope it continues and expands! Now one of my desk top favorites

Comment

• 83Gator
      Frequent Poster
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by bill321 View Post
      Great idea, I hope it continues and expands! Now one of my desk top favorites
      Thanks, Bill. I'm open to any thing you might have to throw my way: A new trail, or a must see hangout or other key POI on any current trail...
      sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new

Comment

• bill321
        PWCToday Regular
        • Jun 2012

We just purchased our first ski 3 weeks ago. Went to a few local lakes and one trip from Crystal River to the gulf, loving it so far! I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

• Sea-Donkey
          PWCToday Guru
          • May 2006

This trail riding site is great for tour riding and site seeing. So far I've done 2 of Louisiana trails and headed to Florida in the morning to do the Orange Beach and Pensacola to Destin rides. I've also submitted 2 new trails.

You can also print hard copies of the maps/routes and the PDF files with turn by turn directions if you don't have a GPS, especially the non bayou rides. Knowing where to launch, the points of interests, and that someone else has actually rode the area you're headed to is a huge plus.

If you know of a trail in your area, please submit it. This site will get even better with more submissions and ride reports.
          2009 Honda Aquatrax F15
          1989 Wetbike

Past PWC:

3 x Wetbikes (1987, 1988, 1989), 1990 Jetstar, 2 x 2007 Honda Aquatrax F12 (1 red, 1 blue), 1992 Yamaha Superjet 650sx, 1997 Sea-Doo XP, 1997 Sea-Doo GTX, 2004 Sea-Doo 3D

Comment

• 83Gator
            Frequent Poster
            • Mar 2010

Hello all you PWCers, hope you're enjoying the riding season so far. If you're looking for something new or different, check us out today at http://pwctrailfinder.com/
            We now have over 2,000 miles of downloadable trails for you to explore in 8 diff. states: AL, CT, FL, LA, MS, NY, OK & TX. We will also be adding trails for the TRL in MO as well as additional trails in FL, NY, & TX in the coming weeks.

To all of you that have shared data or corroborated on a trail - THANKS! (and keep 'em coming) Have a great summer everybody,

83Gator

Comment

• 83Gator
              Frequent Poster
              • Mar 2010

To all that have contributed is someway - Thanks! My goal was to add another 1K miles by the end of the year, but as of today (just over 4 months) the site now has over 3,000 miles of trails, from 49 different routes in 8 states.

I'm also looking for pix for the rides that don't show any. If you've recorded a ride in one of those areas, please feel free to submit one.

(Link in sig.)

Comment

• Sea-Donkey
                PWCToday Guru
                • May 2006

Originally posted by 83Gator View Post
                To all that have contributed is someway - Thanks!
                More than welcome...and thank you for all the time you put into it. I was able to do 400 miles of the trails this summer and had a blast doing them. Great to see the site continuing to grow.
                2009 Honda Aquatrax F15
                1989 Wetbike

Past PWC:

3 x Wetbikes (1987, 1988, 1989), 1990 Jetstar, 2 x 2007 Honda Aquatrax F12 (1 red, 1 blue), 1992 Yamaha Superjet 650sx, 1997 Sea-Doo XP, 1997 Sea-Doo GTX, 2004 Sea-Doo 3D

Comment

• psxxx
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Sep 2012

I was looking for trails in California or Northern California. Will keep watching. Great resource. I travel a lot so I can still use it. Thanks for sharing.

psxxx - Extreme Rider

Comment

• 83Gator
                    Frequent Poster
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by psxxx View Post
                    I was looking for trails in California or Northern California. Will keep watching. Great resource. I travel a lot so I can still use it. Thanks for sharing.

psxxx - Extreme Rider
                    PS, you're welcome and thanks for taking a look at the site (it's a little "glitchy" right now, but should be resolved soon). As you found out, I don't have anything out west yet. It's a matter of someone finding the site and willing to contribute. I do hope to have some info from L. Havasu soon, but that's still not west coast or NoCA. Anyway, check back from time to time, take what you like, and be sure to send me whatever trail you're familiar with.

Comment

• 83Gator
                      Frequent Poster
                      • Mar 2010

After last week's attempted uploads and minor site crashes, we now have over 5K miles of trails to offer. Check us out today!

Comment

• 83Gator
                        Frequent Poster
                        • Mar 2010

Our latest TR comes from Jarrett out of E. Tex. This one's on my list - it's hard to believe this ride takes place in TX. If you haven't already seen the vid, be sure to check out his "boat road" run at the end of the report. Thank, Jarrett. http://pwctrails.blogspot.com/2012/1...-caddo_25.html

Hmmm, seems PWCToday blocks links in post? If you get a "no such" message above, click on the "home" link and go to the top left post: A Return to Big Cypress Bayou & Lake Caddo

Last edited by 83Gator; 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Sea-Donkey
                          PWCToday Guru
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by 83Gator View Post
                          If you haven't already seen the vid, be sure to check out his "boat road" run at the end of the report.
                          I like it! One missed turn and you're pulling veggies out of the intake grate. Looks more like Lou-Ease-E-Anner.
                          2009 Honda Aquatrax F15
                          1989 Wetbike

Past PWC:

Comment

• 83Gator
                            Frequent Poster
                            • Mar 2010

Looks like a fun place, don't it? And actually, it's almost swim distance from the LA line.

About a week ago, I got my first ride in NC - no pix, but the Trent & Brice combo looks just as fun. There is a short vid attached to the Trip Report which can be found via the site: http://pwctrailfinder.com/NorthCarol...railRides.html

If anybody else out there in PWCToday land would like to collaborate, please do not hesitate in contacting me!

Comment

• naticen
                              I dream skis
                              • Feb 2010

Sweet site! I've gone on some good river rides around here and further south that I will add next time I take my GPS or a camera.
                              Last edited by naticen; 12-01-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X