» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgas's Avatar

Re: 96 SeaDoo HX800 Resto-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Water Worx View Post
    OK How much does your wife weigh ????

Oh I guess that her in your avatar ???
    haha, what an ***! I got the ski for $1200 and my wife weighs 118!
    edit: pics of us
    n697245275_4059282_6852-1.jpg
    Last edited by fastgas; 06-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.

so upon closer inspection the the ECU has been hacked for extended revs (no need for a piggyback limiter) and timing mods, it does not have a water box, it's using an XO impeller (wear ring is very good), and the squish is TIGHT. I fear a dome change alone will not be enough to run 93 octane, so if I have to run 110 octane I might as well keep the 35cc domes.

tinkering away...
    new ODI grips and DESS key

Deleted fuel selector:

I ran out of fuel line before I could finish eliminating all of the grey lines. I ordered another 20' of purple line to finish off the fuel and water injection hoses.
    I'm not getting any help from racepak presently (they're still looking around the warehouse for a lens??!?!) so I decded to make the best of my sun-destroyed (not damaged) and cracked screen by wet-sanding the oxidation and polishing it:

I need to do some more and reassemble it but it should be legible now.
    The state of affairs in the engine bay:

and the state of affairs of my new 3 place trailer:

I did bearings, bearing buddies, a little rust repair, and replaced a handful of the running/marker lights. I'm trying to find some tires that will both fit and be robust enough to deal with the 2100lbs total weight. I also need to locate a 6' length of the bunk strips.
    Now I'm debating on either buying the hydroturf mat kit of just a bulk roll and tracing the stock mats. I have a Jettrim splash guard, Jettrim seat cover w/ extra vinyl for the knee pads, a hot-products gas cap, and a new black shock boot on order.
    Last edited by fastgas; 06-25-2012 at 10:50 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I've always wanted a hx but I heard the pain in the *** to get back on if u fall off.
    Maybe I'll get one next year.

here's the racetach before:

Quote Originally Posted by Sgalbreath View Post
    I've always wanted a hx but I heard the pain in the *** to get back on if u fall off.
    Maybe I'll get one next year.
    I wouldn't know, I've never ridden one

PWCToday Newbie

Are these good first skis? Easy to work on/find parts for? I too found one local for $1200 and am looking for a first ski in the sub $2k range and like these.

Can't wait to see what you've got planned, love your other build thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BAM298 View Post
    Are these good first skis? Easy to work on/find parts for? I too found one local for $1200 and am looking for a first ski in the sub $2k range and like these.

Can't wait to see what you've got planned, love your other build thread as well.
    I can't really speak from experience as I've never ridden an HX before. From what I've heard they're unstable and difficult to board in deep water. If you can learn to ride an HX proficiently, you will be able to ride ANY sit-down. Unless your ski has had the 800 swap, it will have the reliable and cheap to operate/maintain 720. There are plenty of good used parts available for that powerplant and the HX in general in the classifieds section and on eBay.

loaded up:

I had been working like a dog for a few days to get the new trailer and tow vehicle ready for this past weekend's camping trip. I didn't bother bringing the HX since it's still an unknown quantity. I did get it running on a 3 gallon 110-2 gallon 91 blend and the motor sounds very healthy and LOUD (not water box). I'm going to finish the last few things it needs before beating on it for the rest of the summer. First things first, I finished peeling the stock mats off:

Now I begin the arduous process of remove most/all of the old adhesive. After that, the buffer/polish comes out and I'll restore the foot well area. The new shock boot arrived and will go on after the buff/polish. I also received the hot products cap:

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information