Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A salute to the Old Dudes that still ride Jet Skis!

DB1BBA44-C7E4-470B-AFD3-4FD2F18A89A8.jpegJust saw this thread today. Iím 54 and havenít considered myself an old dude yet. My kids do(21&23) but until they can ride like me I laugh and then run away from them on the lake. I have a younger brother(51) and my wife(52) that ride stand ups also. I got my 800 big bore engine back from group-k to late in the fall to get it out, canít wait for spring.

Pushing 60...been riding for 41 years...aint never gunna stop!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m not old by any means but I got in to stand ups late in my life,29. I’m 37 now. They were not popular in r area when I was a kid but I remember seeming ijsba races on espn when they were on and thought that was bad ***. Got a 91 440 when I was 29 and rode the hell out of it for a couple yrs and found I needed more power to do more tricks, carve harder and did a 650 conversion and what a difference! Also decided to buy another conversion 550/650. So I don’t have to ride alone lol. Now I found out u can do 750 conversion and old 750s round here r plentiful and cheap. Can’t wait till spring this yr!!!

91 440/650 conversion
    91 550sx/650conversion

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by 1991pjs View Post
    DB1BBA44-C7E4-470B-AFD3-4FD2F18A89A8.jpegJust saw this thread today. I’m 54 and haven’t considered myself an old dude yet. My kids do(21&23) but until they can ride like me I laugh and then run away from them on the lake. I have a younger brother(51) and my wife(52) that ride stand ups also. I got my 800 big bore engine back from group-k to late in the fall to get it out, can’t wait for spring.
    put a pipe on that thing now and really wake it up!
    one old fart to another.

Frequent Poster

I'm 50 and just bought my first stand up last year a 90 550sx now I'm addicted. So I bought and restored a 93 750sx and now I'm in the process of buying a 550JS to restore. I'm not the greatest rider but I won't give up and I sure in the heck won't let my three boys, 17, 19 & 22 get the best of me!
    20161204_172249.jpg20170702_190712.jpg20170702_191143.jpg

Blog Entries

I am looking for the “linear power” from the porting and bore, along with the 13/22 swirl for speed, before a pipe. It all sounds stronger and faster.

Get a a set of front sponsons and a Factory Pipe on that ski asap!

The tubbies will make the ski handle much better, the extra power from the pipe will make the ski much more responsive, and you will find your riding skill (and the fun factor of your ski) will improve greatly with the added performance.
    If you're not crashing, then you're not trying!!!

Ski situation in limbo!

Special thanks to Chris Newmiller, and Mitchell at M&M Marine!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Last edited by JSNate; 09-25-2018 at 11:51 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I wish I had an armada like that. 42 here, and I hang with the 16 - 30 crowd, regardless of what we do. These youngsters have no idea how to rip. Half these clowns are to "lazy" (to be nice) to ride a standup. I'm not done for the season, so I'll try to get some pics of me and my girl (yeah, she's new to this, and WAY younger, (but who won't look at her booty), ripping. I just wish I had easy access to the lake. Gotta drive 35mins. And we all know that 35 mins. without internet is lethal, right.

I've punished my body, A LOT, and have to go to extremes to keep on playing. It makes me laugh when the youngsters complain about, well, anything.
    It may take me a minute (o.k., more than a minute, like an hour) to get ready, but, ha, let's go.
    Last edited by whazguude; 09-25-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

The riding group on that day, I was the oldest at 55. One of the other guys is 49 and the rest range from 29-43 ish.. I live on a lake, so I get to ride often. However, it is an inland lake and fairly flat water riding, buoy course and boat wake chasing. The photos above were taken on Lake Huron that is roughly 30 miles from my place. So... I can hit the big water when the surf is up. At my age, taking care of the body is critical. After this surf ride, I kicked my workouts into high gear and adjusted the diet. Next spring I will be more fit and prepared for the inevitable beating the surf delivers.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information