Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

What lakes do you ride to the east?

How far east does this club ride?

Our homes in Lynchburg, Mississippi a little south of Memphis but the wife and I have ridden many of the lakes within a couple hours.

Re: What lakes do you ride to the east?

Quote Originally Posted by StarTrucking View Post
    How far east does this club ride?

Our homes in Lynchburg, Mississippi a little south of Memphis but the wife and I have ridden many of the lakes within a couple hours.

The guys are off on trips so hope I can answer this well enough on my own. Our members are from around the entire state and we even have a few from beyond including around the Memphis area that you mentioned. Most of our club rides so far have been on Greer's Ferry Lake starting in Heber Springs or the town of Greer's Ferry; Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs starting at the Country Inn or by the Fish Hatchery; or Lake Norfork starting at Jordan Landing Marina or the Dam site Park. A few of us had a smaller trip to Table Rock Lake at Branson near the end of last summer, and the clubs last ride of the year was to Lake Ouachita which was a big turnout club-wise. There is talk of going back to Table Rock again this year and some plans for later in the summer to try to go camping at Land Between the Lakes Park in Kentucky taking both watercraft and all-terrain vehicles. We have a few members in the Memphis area and they were talking at our last dinner meeting about riding at a lake somewhere east of Memphis the week before which would have been late February/early March but the name of the lake eludes me now; burr was my only thoughts at the time.

I prattled on but I think maybe you can get the idea that we ride all over the area, or at least our members do. We have only had one club ride so far in 2012 but the season is really just getting started. I know several of our members have been getting together on their own and going out riding; some of them almost weekly since April which is great, I feel part of what the club is here for is to help members meet up and find other members to ride with even outside of the club gatherings.

- Angie -

Arkansas Watercraft Riders
    Come Ride with Us!!

Thanks for the promp reply and for the other info that you provided. We visit Greers Ferry several times each summer and have visited Norfork as well. Will look forward to getting together with your club at some point during the summer. Will keep in touch.

It was nice speaking with you last night on the phone, if you have any further questions just ask here or call one of us back at the same number from last night or give James a call on the other number I gave you. He can tell you even more about everything that we spoke about. Since I've been working here it happens all the time how many people call about ATV riding and camping here and then sometime during the conversation it turns out they have a PWC or boat as well and here you were the other way around. Hope to see you out for a ride with us on one of the two sometime real soon.

- Angie -

Arkansas Watercraft Riders
    Come Ride with Us!!

Thread Information