Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

need tips for quieting down 750sx

So i love this ski and it runs great but its way to loud unless im at full throttle. Ive read the early coffmans pipes with the silencers are just that way but is there anything i can do? The rubber flapper has been removed from the rear and i noticed there is a brass plug in the bottom of the silencer. I suppose if i tap water into there it will help right? and if so where should i get that water from. Thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: need tips for quieting down 750sx

i have that same pipe on my wifes 750sx. tapping into the silencer will help. if it is anything like the silencer on my wifes ski it should be directional. one way is better flowing for the exhaust but louder, turn it 180 and its just the opposite. depends on which direction the scallops are facing inside. tap into it off whichever pisser line is the closest.

where do you ride at? black canyon? lowell? lucky peak?
    93 750sx(wifes) - r&d intake grate, blue printed pump, ocean pro finned ride plate, coffman rocket pipe, wc head, pro/k fa, solas supra 14/19, odi grips, 44SBN, r&d intake manifold,
    94 750sx(mine) - Solas 13/18, coffman rocket pipe, pro/k FA, blowsion 0* bars, ODI ruffian's, pump shoe seal kit, finger throttle, 500 GPH rule,
    92 750ss - all stock (winter project)
    Quote Originally Posted by karty View Post
    Its best to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!

PWCToday Newbie

Ok ill check the direction of the silencer and tap into that upper line then. My wife and i usually ride lowell or arrowrock but since shes cant ride much this year neither can i. I believe we've met before.

I have a stock exhaust I will trade you straight up........ I will include the rubble flap you are missing too!
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink.....when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they will feel all day.

PWCToday Newbie

No thanks i love the way it rides. i have the stock pipe still but i like the power to much!

one of my favorite rides this time of year while the water is high, is from black canyon up the payette river to horseshoe bend. you ever done that? want to?
    93 750sx(wifes) - r&d intake grate, blue printed pump, ocean pro finned ride plate, coffman rocket pipe, wc head, pro/k fa, solas supra 14/19, odi grips, 44SBN, r&d intake manifold,
    94 750sx(mine) - Solas 13/18, coffman rocket pipe, pro/k FA, blowsion 0* bars, ODI ruffian's, pump shoe seal kit, finger throttle, 500 GPH rule,

PWCToday Newbie

I never have but it sounds fun

it is pretty fun. i was planning on going next week but i got a call from my platoon sergeant today and they are sending me to school. guess my season isnt gonna start for another 3 weeks!!

I honestly don't think adding the water fitting is going to make it much better. I got water going into my silencer and my pipe is still super loud also.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

It really depends on the internal baffle setup. Some have expanded metal in them that stick up into the exhaust stream and others are just round perforations and act more as a resonator.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Thanks to these companies for their great products and services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information