• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArkansasWatercraftRiders
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Feb 2011

New Club Name and Logo Reveal

We wanted to thank those who were able to attend either the dinner back in early March at Red Lobster or the first ride of the yearat Lake Hamilton. For those who weren’t able to make it we discussed changing the club name to ‘Arkansas Watercraft Riders’ so it would be easier for people searchingfor clubs in Arkansas to find us. Rick and Mary offered to try their hand at updating the logo and brought great ideas for bumper stickers to show at the ride but did not have software to work with circular text. So we ask around if anyone could work with curved text and Bobbi responded and offered to give it a go and thevery next day sent back a great design. Back in March it had been suggested to include the diamond as seen on the back of the Arkansas state quarter and week later Bobbi said inspiration must have hit her because she sent yet another version with the diamond from the state flag and it looked fantastic. A few days later she outdid herself again with a color version of the diamond and then this past weekend sent a full color version with a hint of red around the logos outer rim. The extra color made the logo pop to the eye and after emailing the linkout Saturday everyone has loved it!!

We had planned on a May 1 reveal of the new name/logo but Bobbi did such a great job much faster than expected and everything else just came together so nicely that we decided to go ahead and do the reveal now, the perfect complement to the warm weather that is already upon us much earlier than usual. We updated our registration and logo with the state and the American Watercraft Association (AWA) and Steph here at PWCToday graciously updated the name for us Monday morning.

So we are happy to present our new club logo in two versions, a colorful version for large locations such as t-shirts and a twocolor version for small stickers;

Rick and Mary’s bumper sticker version will also soon be finished; they and Bobbi are working now to merge the elements of both designs into their rectangular bumper sticker.

Last edited by ArkansasWatercraftRiders; 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM.

Arkansas Watercraft Riders
    Come Ride with Us!!

PWCToday Newbie
    • Feb 2011

Re: New Club Name and Logo Reveal

We would like to extend our thanks to all those who have stuck with us, for all of the supportive PM’s and emails, and of course to everyone who have been able to attend the last few meetings and the recent ride. The club had a somewhat rough ending to last season during some mild growing pains but all of our members have been fantastic throughout and everything has come together nicely just in time for the new riding season. For those who were not able to make it in person; we were not able to get together in February but had 19 attended the March dinner, a few were non-riding spouses along for the dinner but always welcome. That’s actually six more than had RSVP’d and a great turn out. We had the Red Lobster girls scrambling to shove tables together fit us all in! For our first ride of the year we had 16 riders on 12 sit downs and a pair of stand ups. There were also a couple of the ladies from the dinner who were at the dock and meet up with us again for lunch even though they didn’t ride; we were also glad to have you girls and a big thanks for whomever brought the warm brownies when we meet back up at the end of the day! Both gatherings had great people and a lot of fun, though it would have been nice if the temps had been as warm as the weekend before. The lake temp wasn’t bad but the air temp dropped way to fast once the sun started get even a little bit low. Already looking forward to next time.

Come Ride with Us!!

Comment

• GunnerySpotter
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Apr 2011

Warm brownies??? Having to leave early to make my shift was bad enough and now I learn there were BROWNIES?!? All I got was a cold turkey sandwich from the plant breakroom at 11:45 at night

It was a great ride though and I never knew you could go so far up that lake. Having to leave early was the only bad part and no warm brownies. I did miss the coldest part of the day. I pushed my leave time but with the new passing lane additions I was able to get back in just under two hours so not a bad trip. That's close enough with enough warning I can hopefully make more rides held there.

Comment

• GunnerySpotter
        PWCToday Newbie
        • Apr 2011

The new logo looks great. Now I want a T-Shirt.

Comment

• nightrider05
          PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
          • Jun 2006

Is there a fee for joining? Any dues?

Comment

PWCToday Newbie
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by nightrider05 View Post
            Is there a fee for joining? Any dues?

No fees or dues of any kind

The only thing we ask now is that everyone sign a waiver the first time they attend a ride that says you know riding watercraft can be dangerous and take that responsibility upon yourself. So you or your family can't sue us or any sponsors if you do something silly and hurt yourself, that you have your own insurance per state law, and in the event you do something stupid and do hurt yourself or someone else it's not the clubs, sponsors, lodges, marinas, or anyone else’s fault but your own, it's not anyone's fault but your own if you break any laws, and if you or someone elses does something dangerous and hurt yourself or they hurt you or an accident happens that is between the two of you and not the club.. blah.. blah.. blah..
            Last edited by ArkansasWatercraftRiders; 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM.

Come Ride with Us!!

Comment

PWCToday Newbie
              • Feb 2011

We just received this first version of the bumper stickers from Bobbi

Click image for larger version

Name:	AWRBumper01-L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	4267791

She says there will be another version with the Come Ride with Us!! logo.

Come Ride with Us!!

Comment

• Jack1966
                PWCToday Regular
                • Feb 2011

That one looks cool
                Kawi UltraLX

Comment

• ARFunGirl
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Feb 2011

I haven't been to a ride since last September but good job to all
                  - Just havin fun in the sun!
                  Yamaha Waverunner 1100VX

Comment

• ARFunGirl
                    PWCToday Newbie
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by GunnerySpotter View Post
                    The new logo looks great. Now I want a T-Shirt.
                    ditto that X2
                    - Just havin fun in the sun!
                    Yamaha Waverunner 1100VX

Comment

PWCToday Newbie
                      • Feb 2011

We received tonight an email from a couple of potential new members not far over the border in SE Missouri. They are a couple and wrote to let us know that they are very into touring on watercraft and want to come to any rides we have up in the northern region of Arkansas or southern Missouri. That’s not the news though! She said they own a small shop that does many kinds of graphics work; screen printing, t-shirts, bumper stickers, logos, and wraps and have a reciprocal agreement with an embroidery shop located in the same strip mall their shop is in. They read our post about the new logos and bumper sticker designs and said they would give us or any club members who want shirts or stickers a big discount or will do a bulk deal on a package of t-shirts, pull over shirts, windbreakers, and stickers of different sizes. I emailed her back with some of the ideas for the logos we talked about back in March and she has already wrote me back with a package price on a bundle of assorted items with the club logo and they were true to their word on the pricing. Some of the best we have found anywhere without ordering stuff in all the way from a large company in California and she promised their quality would be much higher than those bulk online companies and no shipping fees.

Come Ride with Us!!

Comment

• GunnerySpotter
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Apr 2011

We told my nephew Kyle about the club today while out riding Kerr Lake so hope he will find his way over here.

Comment

Working...
                        X