Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Thread: Cooling system

PWCToday Newbie

Cooling system

Would the computer give a bad temperature reading, or would it make more sense to either not getting good circulation or a bad reading from the sensor? I had to go to work, so will get back on seadoo when I return to attack the cooling issue. Thanks for the help.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

Re: Cooling system

Their is no information transferred by the "computer" ( MPEM ) to the tempeture guage.

The info guage tempetures are for lake water temps and ambient air temps and have nothing to do with the cooling system.

Sea Doo's do not have engine cooling temp guages. They use a sensor in the head and a beeper in the handle bar padding. If you get one long non stop beep, the head sensor is telling you that the water in the head is above 206 degrees using a continious beep until it cools off and drops below 206 degrees.

To test the sensor and beeper, remove the connector on the top of the sensor and ground it out to the head, push start button with lanyard off. It should beep until you unground it or 33 seconds and the power will automatically shut off to all guages and sensors.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

PWCToday Newbie

To follow up, I isolated each section of the cooling line system. The engine was clear. The lines coming into the engine was clear. The Jetpump was pumping when in the water to the block. I was able to find that on this machine, there was a blockage in the hose that exits the bottom of the engine. That lines leads to the back of the machine and to the pump housing and exits the seadoo. When looking at the back of the unit, there is a small port to the top right of the main jet pump nozzle where the engine water exits the machine. I hope this helps at least one person. Thanks.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

That 8mm clear waterline is for draining the water out of the clyinders when you shut the motor off. It is also where small pieces of shell and scrackedwaterline is what dumps the major volume of water out of the engine when you are riding the Sea Doo. The motor does not overheat if the clyinder drainline is clogged up.

What having it clogged up really does to do damage is not drain the water from the clyinders, which causes alot of unnessary corrosion and cracked clyinders when it freezes in the winter months.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Thread Information