pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: broke a rideplate bolt off inside the hull...ugh.

^lol seriously Hyosung? Silicone the outside of the plate and put the remaining three bolts in? That can be my super backup plan..im hoping to go to a guys place tonight to have him weld a nut on the end of it..if it works I have 4 new bolts for the plate...if it doesnt silicone and 3/4 bolts it is!!
    1997 Yamaha Superjet- Limited B pipe and T3 tuned! Also other parts that have yet to go on the ski..

alright guys...tried welding a nut on multiple times...tried vice grips again multiple times...im just going to run 3 bolts until I have the steering dialed in then im going to silicone the rideplate on so its solid...
    1997 Yamaha Superjet- Limited B pipe and T3 tuned! Also other parts that have yet to go on the ski..

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

i wouldnt recommend using any silicone on your rideplate... that plate should be good with three bolts
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

PWCToday Regular

Do you have enough material to drill it out and install a heli coil?

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    Do you have enough material to drill it out and install a heli coil?
    I think he broke the drill bit off in the bolt. Only way to drill thru that drill bit is with a carbide drill bit. Sometimes you can use a punch and a hammer and try to break the broken drill bit up into pieces--good luck!
    99 GTX
    98 sxi pro
    04 SX-R1100

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hyosung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fas gt fairlane View Post
    i wouldn't recommend using any silicone on your ride plate... that plate should be good with three bolts
    i use RTV silicone on all of the tabs that secure the ride plates to the hulls on my skis as a security precaution .. i also do the same to the bolts that hold the intake grates to the hull for the same reason .... its good practice and it stops what has happend here to the OP....as you dont have a need to 'over tighten the bolts" just nip them up to the tension ..
    650 sx custom build (my toy) http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=425767

modded X2 650

modded Ultra 150

stock looking ZXI 900

Jerry Rigging is my specialty .....

Originally Posted by hyosung
    so when you say i """ hammer and slap things together """ this may be so , BUT they are hammered and slapped together SOLID

^Yeah guys I broke the drill bit off inside of it...might look into a carbide bit if that would eat through it...I have a helicoil set so im not worried about stripping out the threads anymore...for now im just going to run it with 3 bolts and no silicone because ill only be out on the lake for like 20-25 minutes...then ill work on it more after I have the steering dialed in...little side note also the bolt broke because the rideplate mounts are off just a bit, if I was thinking I would have just drilled out the mount a bit and it probably would have worked...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information