pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Lost gasket between thrustplate and jetpump......

Last weekend i took off my pump, intake grate, and ride plate to do some modifying. I'm at the shop now getting ready to put the pump back on and i notice the gasket between the thrustplate and pump is missing. Do any of you happen to have one laying around? I was wanting to take it out next weekend to test some of my mods, but it's not looking very good right now. Here's a couple pics of where the gasket goes:

Is it number 17 in this diagram? It's the only thing i see close to what i'm looking for. I don't want to buy the whole thrust plate just for this one gasket.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/#/Hon...16WHW1AF1501AA

If any of you have one, i'll gladly paypal you money for shipping plus compensation. Can't believe i lost this thing...
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-Macsboost module,custom intercooler, air filter/breather, H2O plenum, FPR, muffled exhaust, tweaked solas 18/30, 19psi, livorsi boost gauge, modded intake grate and ride plate
    2007 Honda Aquatrax F12x GPS-the wife's, Macsboost module, H2O plenum, and air filter/breather

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar

Re: Lost gasket between thrustplate and jetpump......

It is #17 in the blowup. It is a big chunk of rubber with an angled offset hole that adapts the pump's internal line into the hole in the thrust plate.
    '06 Pilot NAVI
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    2 Vento Phantom 150s
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation"

Thanks JR. It must be my lucky day. I turned the shop upside down looking for this $2 rubber seal. Took the skis back to the house and put them under the shelter, looked under my ski and it was laying right beneath it. I'm surprised my pit mix didn't eat it up, but it was laying right there. I'll put the ski back together this week and maybe try it out next weekend
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-Macsboost module,custom intercooler, air filter/breather, H2O plenum, FPR, muffled exhaust, tweaked solas 18/30, 19psi, livorsi boost gauge, modded intake grate and ride plate
    2007 Honda Aquatrax F12x GPS-the wife's, Macsboost module, H2O plenum, and air filter/breather

Be sure to run a bead of silicone around the mating surfaces before you bolt it down. Enjoy your toy!
    '06 Pilot NAVI
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    2 Vento Phantom 150s
    Jax. Fl.

Top Dog

When putting the pump on I have never used any silicone and I do not think there was any from the factory. Are the o-rings not good enough?
    2012 RXP-X 260
    2007 GTX LTD

Most jet pumps have a light coat of silicone on them to keep corrosion from the mating area and at the sectional seams of the stator/nozzle junction.
    You don't have to do it but it keeps the mating surfaces clear of corrosion.
    '06 Pilot NAVI
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    2 Vento Phantom 150s
    Jax. Fl.

At minimum i may put a thin coat of silicone where this seal mates to the pump. That way hopefully it will stay with the pump when i pull it in the future. I've pulled the pump several times and this is the first time i lost track of the seal.

Thread Information