Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Anyone ever use a Hydro trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by VXRPete View Post
    Other models I was looking at seem big and bulky.
    I know this post isn't very new... but do you remember which other models you were looking at?

If money is tight, one could make a towing bridle Towing Bridle.JPG by adding two pvc pipes as spacers. Run each tow rope or straps thru each pvc spacer...will probably need to fashion some type pvc hitch/bumper at the jetski transom.
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 01-16-2016 at 06:11 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

lol, i'd like to see a vid of this at 40-50mph on choppy waters

I have 3 hydro-trailers going up for sale on Craigslist soon in Las Vegas. Email me if you are interested.

hydro trailer, hydrotrailer
    Last edited by vegasandy; 05-25-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Hey Vegas, a couple years back I bought a HD for a hundred bucks, but never used it. Have you? I am surmising that speed has to be really curtailed, maybe not more than 25 mph on non-choppy Colorado River on the Parker Strip?

it will handle a lot, we once had it behind an 1100 and if I remember correctly we were able to do 40+ while towing it. You have to have the correct mounting hitch for it that doesnt allow it to flip over and it will pretty much go as fast as the ski can pull it. You also need the bra that snaps on to the front to prevent the high pressure spray from getting through the seals on the big door. we also ran a flag on it so others could see we were a little longer than normal.

I will add that i've also towed it behind a vr650 and the experience was a bit different. It was a little more difficult to get it to plane and probably would only go 30mph or so...the skis handling was affected a bit too as the 650 doesn't weigh much more than the HT lol

Vegas, when you stated you "towed the HT with an 1100, are you referring to a Kawi 1100 STX? I have a couple of them.

I have the bra and the hitch, but I was not keen on hooking it directly to my Kawi, so I bought a couple 8' Schedule 80 PVC and my plan was to hook each seciton of the PVC to the tie down loops in back of the Kawi, like a V shape. That was, if I hit turbulent wante I don't tear up the back of my Kawi. But that idea is two years old, PVC pipe sill in the garage, HT stored in back of the garage...

yes it was an 1100 stx and it towed them great. I don't know how the pvc idea would work but the hitch really doesnt look too bad as long as you leave it on there. Its when you remove it and have 4 holes in the fiberglass, you could always cover it with turf or something maybe. I cant remember exactly how the back of the ski was shaped where we had the hitch but it didn't hurt the selling price of it.

I think it will tow better attached right to the ski rather than hanging back a little ways..if you use the hitch the HT will never touch the ski unless you bang into it while trying to hook it up.

I've towed my hydrotrailor behind my 650sx. You have to go slow and be carefull, hitting a wave without giving it gas causes a quick slow down and trailor jack knife lol. Now we tow it behind the raider. Both skis use variations of gate and door hinges as tow brackets on the tow ski. Go as fast as you want, its only squirrely at low speeds before it starts to plane.
    Last edited by bored&stroked; 05-26-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs waterbox, Newmiller head 190psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec mod'd cdi, UMI grate, RN pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information