» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 88' FunJet

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgas's Avatar

Re: 88' FunJet

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Mo View Post
    Its so tall, bc the motor is basically an outboard yamaha 70hp jet. So its vertical. I'm thinking about cutting the "hump" out and glassing in a pro mod scoop.
    that would be cool, especially with a seadoo 4tec under it. Me, I think I'd just make it flat and then upholster it for a nice sun deck.

Not sure what year it was, but my parents had one of these before I was born. This one had the Suzuki in it. Supposedly it was a crazy fun ride but not screeming fast (although that's compared to a Biesmeyer with a Chevy big block). Ever since I was really young I've wanted one, and I've been keeping an eye out on the local craigslist, can I ask what you paid for this one? Here is a picture of my Dad and cousin in the late 80's, up in Northern MN. Looks like a sweet project, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Good luck,
    Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by littleman456; 03-02-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
    '85 550/750/X2 pump swap -In Progress
    "If it's electrical, mechanical, or a woman,
    it doesn't need to make any sense."

Quote Originally Posted by tensecrnr View Post
    we dont live and ride sometimes we ride and live a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    you are trying to reinvent the wheel, that one isn't gonna roll.
    P.M. if your looking for: Full 650 engine and electronics, Yellow 580 parts, or Tide rider parts/info

Fueled by two stroke, Dr. Pepper, and Hank Williams

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fastgas View Post
    that would be cool, especially with a seadoo 4tec under it. Me, I think I'd just make it flat and then upholster it for a nice sun deck.
    I cant make it flat bc the flywheel sits just above the folat part, hence the hump.. Its funny bc i just today saw a video on youtube of a smaller 8' mini jet boat with a turbo 4tec. it screamed. So i started looking for a 4tec but they are expensive. WOuld like to find a whole wrecked one. or any 4stroke really.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman456 View Post
    Not sure what year it was, but my parents had one of these before I was born. This one had the Suzuki in it. Supposedly it was a crazy fun ride but not screeming fast (although that's compared to a Biesmeyer with a Chevy big block). Ever since I was really young I've wanted one, and I've been keeping an eye out on the local craigslist, can I ask what you paid for this one? Here is a picture of my Dad and cousin in the late 80's, up in Northern MN. Looks like a sweet project, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Good luck,
    Chase
    I paid $450 for the boat and trailer.. Has some title issues. gotta pay $60 for the circuit to award me the title after investigation.

PWCToday Newbie

hows the build going i just got a 86 fun jet in real good shape there arent many out there mine has the yami 70 in it i cant find any parts for it i find myself making a lot of parts for it.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmate rippa View Post
    hows the build going i just got a 86 fun jet in real good shape there arent many out there mine has the yami 70 in it i cant find any parts for it i find myself making a lot of parts for it.
    I'm in the same boat, but just starting! What have you made work?

I have a 1988 with the Yamaha motor and Morita pump
    Last edited by Tightwad; 09-23-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information