Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

96 Seadoo HX mounting

Hello i am new to this and just bout a seadoo hx because they sound fun to ride but i was wondering if i was to get some aftermarket sponsons would it help make it more stable while mounting in deep water? Or is there other stuff i can get to help? I was just curious mostly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: 96 Seadoo HX mounting

Tie a couple of truck inner tubes on the sides
    The bottom line, it's your money !
    Chose to deal with companies that deserve your business !

The following businesses are known a$$clowns :
    The Rad Dudes
    Jet Ski Haven

650SX fixed steer flat deck
    300SX flat deck conversion ski
    Wavejammer 650 conversion ski
    The preceding skis were

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    Tie a couple of truck inner tubes on the sides

hahahaha

when you learn how to side mount it they are easy to reboard in deep water dont try to board it from the back they just sink lol

PWCToday Newbie

well i know i will get used to mounting when i take it out when it gets warmer but i just didnt know if theres anything out there that will make it more stable such as sponsons and other add ons. I know my gf wants to ride it but i dont see that happening lol cuz i doubt it she will be able to side mount lol

well i guess i should have said depending on your weight you can board it from the back i weigh 210 and can board it either way but it's not easy. if your like 120-130 it should be easy my girlfriend can board my hx and she weighs 120. she makes it look easy

PWCToday Newbie

Wow well that makes me feel better lol i weigh bout 140 and i think my gf is around there but yea i just know you can really board two people in deep water.... I just been anxious to see how it drives and how it boards cuz i never had it out yet... i got a good deal on it this winter so we will see

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

There is no way two people can board in deep water.

Sponsons dont help boarding & with practice you will be able to board it from the rear.

never seen 2 people deep water mount a hx but i have seen it done on a blaster and i was very impressed.

HxRider- Where at in Illinois are you located? I've got an HX that will have the 800 engine swap in it this season. I'm in Bloomington/Normal and go mainly to Clinton

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

Sea Doo made a plastic contraption that surrounded the rear of the hull and worked as a pontoon on each side. It was a stabilizer just for the HX. I doubt they sold many at $600.00 retail. They make an HX look stupid and really do not allow the riders to learn to mount the HX without the pontoons.

Side mounting is a learned skill as it seems so unnatural when you hear about how to do it. Actually it is very natural if you allow the hull and motor do the work. All you need to do is hang on and climb on at the proper time, the motor will pull you out of the water and onto the seat.

Here is the mounting method for deep water mounts. HX is sitting upright in the water waiting for you to board it. You are in the water along the left side of the HX. Holding the handle bars, lean the hull over to the left, until the left handle bar is about touching the water. Turn the handle bars to full righthand turning position. Place the lanyard on and start the motor. As soon as possible give the engine some throttle to pull you along side of the hull as it moves forward and all in one motion, give it full throttle and pull yourself up onto the seat. If you have any coordination at all, and no fear, you will conquer this mounting method on the first to third try. The no fear thing is basically, what is going to hurt you or your HX by trying this ? At worst, you end up back in the water to try again.

The two most important things about deep water side boarding is having the handlebars full righthand turn, and giving the motor full throttle. Do not be timid.
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 02-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information